Anybody knows the difference between MAGNA mpi vs. EIP mpi

hello there,

EIP CANNON INTAKE Multi port Fuel Injection Upgrade(75mmT- body)

VS....

MAGNA MULTI PORT INJECTION UPGRADE.

does anyone knows the difference between MAGNA Multi port vs. EIP CANNON INTAKE Multi port Fuel Injection, which brand of MPI will let me keep my A/C Compressor, not in my garage in the floor, an also which MPI brand will give me the best results in Horse Power(best results) for around 340HP to 425HP, w/ 70 or better 72lbs. fuel injectors, but please let me know what you think, either this two types of MPI Brands, will help me achieve better performance and less problems in the emission fuel injection system, of course i will upgrade my engine and Cylinder Head Port and Polish 3 angle valve job, 3"downpipe EIP, T03/T04 Turbo from Turbonetics, also i will upgrade my engine management with TEC III(3) version, but still please let me know about your experience and opinion, which brand of MPI you guys think it gives great performance and bad performance so please let me know...

thanks and have a good one.

The EIP intake has more potential if your looking for top dog numbers and all out performance. We are talking getting into the 500+ HP arena.

A Magna will walk step for step to a point.

Me personally, after running the Magna, I think it's great and I hardely think I am giving up anything running the intake.

Heefner here on the boards runs the EIP intake and you might wanna talk to him.

Either way your a winner...one will cost you more that's all... :)

I'm pretty much going to do what your wanting to do. The magna intake will let you keep the A/C. That was one of the must for me when I was looking to go mpi. And I'm also belive it will make those numbers with the right setup. Adam :-)

Can you keep the A/C with the fuel injection pro MPI and what do you guys think about their setup? It looks really good to me, better than peicing one togehter in my eyes.

You can keep the A/C with the FIP and the Magna. I think you're also able to keep the A/C with the EIP intake manifold. FIP can offer you a complete kit for around 2k, the EIP manifold is about 1k alone. The Magna can be had for about 3-400 dollars. Like Boosted one said they will all walk hand in hand to a certain point, then the shorter running intakes will pullaway from the Magna. I went with the Magna simple because it's a cheap alternative and it looks like it belongs there. It's basically stock looking and Mitsubishi should've went that route in the beginning. Either way you are going you'll be taking a huge step in the power developement area. Expect higher torque numbers as the Starion motor has a long stroke and makes gobs of it...

Good luck with your decision...

Glenn

I would recomend the Magna or FIP Huricane if you want to keep the A/C. These 2 are also considerably cheaper to buy. The EIP intake is nice but not user friendly and neither is the TEC III EMS. I've done a little tunning w/ the megasquirt that comes with the FIP kit. Its pretty straight forward and it seems to be more poplular every day. Any of the 3 will get you 300+ whp numbers but if you go with EIP you will doing it with out AC and spending more money.

hello there, Well this is what i'm thinking to do at this moment for engine and much more upgrade in the Engine Bay, and this is what i'm going to be doing.

i have:

* 3" inch Downpipe EIP.

* Turbo manifold EIP modified for T04, it has the flange mount weld so the external wastegate can sit there right next to the Turbo.

* Bosch Fuel Pump 500HP performance.

* i think i'm going to use the EIP Multi port Cannon Intake w/ 75mm T-body, and stainless steel lines and fuel line as well.

anybody can give me some info about the size of the Intercooler from TEP,top end performance, yeah if anyone knows the size of their intercooler, is it around 3 inch wide and 11inch tall.

Oh yeah does anyone knows the size of the SPEARCO turbo Intercooler, its lot bigger and thicker than the TEP, or the EIP.

Well for my engine i'm thinking in getting Wiseco pistons, size around 20, 25 or 30 over i think 20 or 25 over, and a great set of pistons rods that holds extremely high heat as well,

i will try to get a 3 angle valve job, for my header, must be Port and Polish, and anyone knows is it lot better getting a set of Titanium valve and springs, for the head, is it good, i hope.

and i will go i think w/ the GT-series Turbo Update for my Conquest 1988, ball bearing ceramic, to help keeping that turbo strong and clean, to protecting from the dust that goes inside the turbo, turbo first dangerous enemy dust, if it goes to the turbine inside the system.

oh yeah is it a good size getting 72 or 65 or 60 LBS. Fuel Injectors, because after i put all this performance part list (above), i'm really going, i want to go around 350 to 450 hp maybe 500hp but its ok w/ me around 450hp.

also another question guys i'm not sure which way to go for my computer upgrade sure i get TEC stand alone engine management or megasquirt, let me know which one is easier to deal w/ it, or is it lot better the TECIII(3), or the Megasquirt will do it, helping w/ my 350 to 450 hp to help me run the car.

thats all my question at this moment can some please give me a good advice if its all ok installing all this part list, or some parts i don't really need to have, its just that my goal its that i want to reach around 350HP or 450HP, but still please help me out thanks and have a good one to all of you.

if your gonna really do all that, go for it, your gonna spend 5-7K easy.

i hope you do the T-56 tranny upgrade, AC/delco clutch, and custom Alum driveline too, you know just to match the kinda Hp your wanting to put down.

anyway, good luck to you, and i run 75lb injectors.

well i have that cover as too as well, but tell me if its ok what i have done or do i need a little more upgrade to my tranny:

list tranny area:

* I have took off the Flywheel stock(35-40lbs)i guess that how much it weights around that, and i send it out to TEP(top end performance) for flywheel lightweight work, them took some pounds off(modification of the stock flywheel), now it weights around 21-22 lbs., but tell me or anyone if its ok having that stock modified flywheel light, or sure i get better a FIDANZA FLYWHEEL performance i guess it weight around 12-16lbs, it will fit the Conquest 1988 or Starion, but not sure if its ok having or keeping the stock modified light flywheel(21-22)lbs. or sure i get just to be secure that my tranny will not crash w/ 350-430hp that i'm thinking to get all those hp in my car Conquest 88 TSI. Or its lot better getting the Fidanza Flywheel or this one its lot better BILLET ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL 11LBS., I found it in the STILLEN.Com, type my car and year and model and them later comes lots of good performance parts for upgrade, it cost$625 but now them are on special $512.48 its real expensive part, but i guess its worth it every single last penny, to hold all that high strong torque that makes our babes( CONQUEST &STARION), or just have the stock flywheel modified w/ the 21-22lbs. anyone please give me any suggestion about the FLYWHEEL UPGRADE THING.

Also i'm going with the ACT Clutch upgrade 3Stage, and is there anything else i can do to upgrade my TRANNY BOX, i mean the inside upgrade the tranny gears or something, or it will be fine having the tranny box check out on any tranny shop, if it has any problems have it fix, but it will be fine having like it is as long is in good condition.

Oh yeah i found on Driveshaft company that makes those in CARBON FIBER, them have a upgrade driveshaft for our babes (CONQUEST &STARION), its a little expensive but gives 0 vibration and more power, also safety as well i forgot about their website but soon as i find it i will put it so you guys can read about them, and let me know if its good having a carbon fiber driveshaft pipe upgrade for our babes (conquest &starion).

About the Rear BOX is it a (SLD) SLIP LIMITED DIFFERENTIAL, i want to make sure if it is i have a 1988 conquest tsi, and if its ok having an upgrade SLD, don't know so much info. about the upgrade for the SLD, but i hear some people that we can change upgrade with another SLD from Mitsubishi Montero i guess, it has much more ratio or something like that, but it says will it fit the conquest or starion some people has exchanged but not sure if its gonna do me any good having an upgrade for my conquest upgrade exchanging the factory(stock) SLD, with the Mitsubishi MONTERO SLD. because my bottom point its i'm looking for getting around 350-430 , not much than 450 hp but if i pass good, i just don't want less than 350 much more higher 400HP should do it for me. but please let me know about it thanks and hope to hear every single SUGGESTION from you guys, thanks and have a good one.

The biggest problem your going to have making 350+ HP will be pump gas.

This is to be a street car?

You will need a race ported head and lots of boost to make good street RPM HP. After 15PSI on any turbo you will be getting spark knock. If you retard the timing enough to get rid of it you will never make it to 350hp.

A better bang for your buck would be a Magna, programable engine management, and a detonation reducing agent like water injection. This way you will not have to pull out so much timing under boost.

570cc injectors will get you to 400hp for brief spurts maxed out. 650s would be plenty big.

You can lower the C/R install a big cam exhaust and turbo, but this will push up your power band and turn it into a drag car. At that point what do you want or need the A/C for.

This is just my opinion only and may differ from many. Read alot and then decided. I would hate for you to spend all that money and be diappointed. You are starting with a 2.6 liter 4cylinder. This is smaller then half of a small block 350. At least its not the same ol Camaro with a big block. Alot more interesting and flustrating.

Tony

Well i have finally decide that i'm going with MAGNA MPI, i don't if i can modified the Magna with a 72mm T-body from Ford, with Megasquirt computer system, iguess its lot better i will wait when it comes out the Megasquirt II(2), i'm going to get 3 angle valve job port and polish, with arp head studs, 3 stage ACT clutch, 20-22lbs. flywheel modified from TEP,race cam, Wiseco Pistons, 3 inch EIP down pipe, 3 inch Exhaust, GT-Series Turbo (it makes around 260 to 350HP the turbo it self GT- SERIES w/ Ceramic Ball Bearing) and plus the natural Engine 2.6Liter Conquest it makes around 150 to 250hp, plus the turbo GT-SERIES, i hopefully will pass 400HP, Bosch 500 hp Fuel Pump from TEP, Fuel Pressure Regulator, External Wastegate Deltagate Mark II, I'm thinking 65 or 67 fuel Injector lbs., or not sure it will be fine if i use the 72lbs. at 20 to 25PSI, that's why i have a Fuel Pressure Regulator as well, and a Bosch 500 HP from TEP Fuel Pump, i have a new set of Suspension w/ eibach springs and ground control from 1"to 3" lower, ST sway bars, tokico HP Blue series valve, all 4 corners, i'm looking to upgrade my Brake System W/ Willwood that comes everything for the upgrade thats only for the Fronts only new rotor slott and drill, and Caliper Willwood w/ 6 Pistons, wheel spacer, stainless steel brake lines, willwood brake mount system upgrade and brake pads as well, i will really need it because its very crucial if you cann't stop when you really need to stop, putting all your foot at the brake pedal, and also about my A/C Compressor i Really need it because here in SOUTH FLORIDA Near Miami 15 to 18 minutes from where i am, still feels very hot outside, and thats why i need the A/C compressor to have it work real fine, because it gets real hot in Here. Florida. even at NIGHT.

hope to hear lots of SUGGESTION.