Yet another MPI hits the road

Well, i got mine up and running today, FIP magna control kit and Ignitionpro1

up and going, only i had my ecu power wires to the wrong source, so after i fixed it by using a 12v constant it fired right up, even had the timing right on.

The FIP software looks simple, but i could use a lil help. says im running around at like 8%-12% duty cycle aroung 2-15% throttle. i swear you breath on the pedel and its goes fast.

car pulls hard and smooth. sounds like its packing a v-8, but the wastegate dump is too much noise, thats getting routed into the DP.

if any of you other guys running the Pro1 have any good tuning tips let me know, im worried if i up the boodt ill go lean! i sorta understand the system, but i just better read, theres alot to it, and the ignitionpro1, thats another story. it seems to work awsome the way FIP sent it.

so any tips would be nice, lotsa of little squeks and rattles to fix, need to do somthing else for a throttle cable!

thats about it, its fast, but it should be a whole lot faster.

Good to hear of a FIP kit up and running. I have the same set up but without the ignition pro. I tried to start it today but no luck just cranked and no start. I know its getting fuel but the little red light on the computer is not blinking while cranking like its supposed to. I didn't get a chance to check it for spark yet. Tomorrow.

squesee

try hooking your power up to the ignition switch harness. if you have a turbo timer installed this is what it would be conected to.

i to had them problem of no spark. Ed simply told me to make sure i had my computer hooked up to a 12v constant source.

use a test light and it will be real easy to find 1.

Ed, the injector impedence seems low driving around, it might hit 25-30 if i really goose it, i talked to some other guys around town running differant sysyems, Haltech, SDS, Megasquirt. the all think its fine, seems to be the same with them.

now the o2 voltage at the bottom of the screen gets about half way through the red, and thats about as far as it will get, even when i stomp on it.

stull seems to be a lil lean around the bottom and mid range, i havent taken it pass 5k rpms yet.

also i am getting alot of fuel during decel!

i need to work on timing, i have burnt a hole in 2 differant rotors, im guessing my times was a lil off. i think im closer now, i am having a hard time with the Ignition pro softwar, the Ignitionpro is not responding to all the screens, i.e, i can't get the DASH screen to work, it get an error saying that the comp is not conected. but the primary screens works.

so a few bugs to work out, im hoping once i get a good program in, i will hopefully never really have to touch it. im so lost in megatune. the online manual helps, but its gonna take some time.

oh and if i new how to post pics i would, someone give me there email and they can post 4 me.

untill then im not giving up. Hey the car drove great saturday night when i took it out, atleast all my friends know its alive, still scares the hondas too!

Ok, I checked it for spark, and its getting spark. I'm using the MSD 6 BTM and I went through their procedure to test for spark. I have mine hooked up to the stock + coil wire so its getting power with the key. I triple checked all my wiring and connections and everything seems good. Don't know what it could be.

is the coil throwing spark during cranking?

i mean when your turning the key?

and is the red light on the FIP comp blinking when your cranking?

im telling you its gonna be somthing dumb!

I just checked, no spark during cranking. The light on the box is not blinking. I'm using the caravan module in the distributor, mabey its bad?

When I turn on the key, the computer box blinks once, and I can hear the fuel pump running. :?

mitsusqueeshee,

I sent E-mail to you with our number, please call if you need help..

yokomosQUEST,

I will check the software link I gave you for the IgnitionPro and see whats up. May be best to send you a disc. The link in a new test version, so I will check it also.

If you think your lean just increase the REQ_Fuel a little at a time.

Ed

ED, i did what you said and it seems to be better, my exhast temps went down about 50 degrees Celcius.

and my duty cycle is up a bit more. so im startting to figure it out, i drove it around most of the day on and off. it runs nicley, good idle, Timing is pretty much in sync, runs about 175-180F good oil pressure. its a bit hard to glance over and look at the laptop al the time, but i now know where all the gauges are and i have some nice low intake temps. i just got home at about 10PM, and the temp outside was a blistering 58F, my air intake was 65F all the way home., hooray for front mounts ehy.

so what i did was change the REQ-fuel from 7.4 to 7.5! thats it, and made sure i was on 4cyl w/ 4 inj.

its becoming more simple the more i read and think of how it works. Timing will be a differant issue, its fine right now, havnt burnt a hole in any rotors since the last one. all in all ive put about 200 miles on it since MPI, it pulls hard and spools crazy fast.

1 thing id like to change is the external wastgate dump pipe! that has to go, its the most hidious nasty sound you can imagine. so this weekend its being plummed in to the DP.

with some time and some tuning i think we wilol have a champ!

The first D3 drift is up aqnd coming, i will be there, making video for Scott!

so we will just keep on tweaking to perfection.

thank you for helping out with the software, its great that you guys help me so much, i really am thankful for it. :twisted:

jr_ss you wanna post a few for me, pm me with your email, i have been trying and im so burnt out on trying to figure out how to post a dang picture.

If he doesn't, I'll host and post them for you.

Shawn

shoot me your email, ill go take some fresh one tonight.

the car is running to rich now, im at 7.8 on the REQ fuel, so im gonna go leaner.

its getting a big flat spot at about 5k-5500.

like a hicup. or sometimes when i just downshift and floor it, seems to be to rich now.

now im thinking that these injetors are really big, my duty cycle has seen over 50% compared to the 30-35% it say it first night out.

so i will lean her out and try some more.

Drift day coming up next week on thursday night. will be my first one of the year.

wish me luck. :twisted:

Hey guys, well everything is awsome with the car, pulls really hard, boost to the moon, and beleive it or not, is really fast.

i have been messing with the Pro1, and the Megatune, i beleive i have a really good street program, a great drag racing setup, and a soon to be Drift setup.

i went out on saturday night and did some so-called street racing.

lemme tell you, 25 psi and 50/50 100 oct and alcohal will make you run a lil lean, so make sure you corect the REQ fuel by about .3. i went from 7.2 to well ofcours 7.5

i ran the Map that Ed and Scott sent me when o got the Pro1, i Ran 25psi the first run and blew off my charge pipe at the TB, so i recdlamped and ran at 18 psi the second run. UNTOUCHABLE, not even really tuned yet.

so much of a differance over TBI, god what were they thinking?

you think your car has power with TBI??? its waiting to be unleashed, tourqe is through the roof.

i found out tonight that 100mph is there very quickly, the tires don't chirp or anything, but the will spin very easy.

The Magna is good, but think ill just pop for a Huricane manifold pretty quick here. Ha my cars never gonna pass smog again legaly anyways! :twisted:

lets see if you can see some pics, ill try this

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yokomo_99/al...m/ph//my_photos

• 1 month later...
and its still running, and the timing was all screwy for a while, but had it tuned on the Freeway dyno. along with the fuel, and got me a new 60-1 the other day too. hmmmmmm, to bad mega squirt is gay! i hate converting KPa to PSI.