$10 Fuel Pressure Tester

Dangerous_Dr._Dave

The Info on the guage from Ace Hardware is:

Campbell PG1T

0-100psi, 1/4" NPT, 2" Dia., Metal Case

UPC: 0 88409 72030 9

Price: $4.49

You should find one in the plumbing section near the submersible pumps and pressure switches.

They also have:

Brady Pressure Guage

0-100psi, 1/4" NPT, 2" Dia., Plastic Case

UPC: 0 39172 00030 3

Price: $5.99

I chose the Campbell for the metal case and the lower price.

Some teflon pipe thread tape may fix that leak. I have had mine installed for quite some time with no leaks.

Disclaimer: I do not indorse or recommend the continuous use or permanent installation of this guage. The inpropper use of this guage can be hazardous. Do not use if a leak is evident. Fuel leaks can result in Death or permanant injury. Do not use while smoking or near open flames or ignition sources. Use only at your own risk and only under direct adult supervision. Keep a fire extinguisher rated for automotive use at hand. Wear safety goggles. In fact, don't use this guage at all, it's just to dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...
Well in the first place you should ALL take a look at page 20 in the manual. "Introduction and master trouble shooting". Now according to the manual that should be a    "taper thread for dry sealed pipes" better known as NPTF 1/4. But it sure seems METRIC. However.........you DO need a HARDEND 6mm SOCKET and it is BEST to use a BREAKER-BAR. Professional ALLEN SOCKETS are HARDENED, like MAC, MATCO, SNAP-ON. Maybe even Sears. Many members have stripped that plug and the a regular Allen trying to remove the plug. BTW it was factory torqued to 14-22 ft lbs. But they tend to rust and seez up not to mention a steel plug in Ali tends to lock up the threads anyway. The RIGHT way? take the top of the TB and clean off the gas. Mount it with rags in a vise. heat up the Ali with a torch while trying to turn the plug until it breaks loose. This is for the really stuborn ones. Sometimes a "HOT AIR GUN" will work with the part on the car. But if you're going to TAP it, take it off the car. You don't want Ali shavings getting to the injectors.

How many of you would like to buy a fuel line with the 1/4 adapter already built in? I think it should be in the lower hose below the fuel filter. This would be a CLEANER look but harder to get to. It can be built into the top line as well. The plans "are in the works".  But if I don't see enough response..........the plan is dead. Oscar and I have been kicking this around for the last few days. Sure we can use Earl's or Russel fittings...........that would be a pretty expensive and YOU MUST SUPPLY A CORE UP FRONT!!!! Oscar says most members never send the cores. THAT WON"T FLY so the set-up becomes VERY EXPENSIVE. The hoses will be TOP SHELF and they DON"T need to be SS because you will never see it on the lower hose. There are many differant ways to build this part. So we would like some feed back BEFORE we design and build the part. Yes, you can use it for testing only or run a gauge full time.

Professor what do you have telepathy or something?  I just called Oscar last night about building this line.  He was gonna price me up a steel braided line that will let me use an aftermarket fuel filter and a port to run a temp. fuel pressure gauge.  

BuGG

LOL! ;D No telepathy, well maybe a little.  I just know that getting that plug out (for some of you) is not going to happen. Actually I was talking to Oscar (at first) about an adapter for the hole in the TB. But that still means you need to be able to get the plug out. I knew this subject was going to come up when we were working on the fuel pump KIT. I was thinking about writing a topic on this issue. I run into stuck fastners all the time. So I have ALOT of experience with them. If you call yourself a PRO...........you better act like one. I just thought we might ask for opinions from members. You see Bugg..........Talking to YOU about the fittings for the fuel pump, is what helped ME to HELP YOU! ;) I can see a need to TEST the fuel pressure. But running a FULL TIME GAUGE? Well........my EXPERIENCE says NO! I have done this a few times for myself and customers, we usually take them OFF. They are DANGEROUS and prone to FAILURE.  And a FUEL TEMP GAUGE? Are you working on the Space Shuttle? ;D

I use mine when I'm tweeking my MSD 2222 (Bosch with added Adjusting Nut/Boost Nipple) boost compensating FPR. I'm not sure the 2222 is such a good FPR, but it's all I use since I gutted and sealed my  leaky Stock FPR. Maybe I'll break down and get a real aftermarket RRFPR but they are all so expensive and UGLY! I hate flashy looking devices. I prefer the functional look.

BTW I upgraded my Fuel Guage Hose to Fuel Injection 0-100 psi Hose. So I'm up to about $12 now.