Individual Boards

RWD4G63

I think there are some boards that should be divided. You have Virtual Mechanic for general questions and tech repair questions. Then you have engine section but it is to post stuff that you have done to  your engine not to ask questions. Then you have MPI which is just about MPI tuning.

Seems as if you should leave virtual mechanic for tech repair post and make engine tech for more engine performance questions and to show things that have worked for you.

The virtual mechanic section is flooded by VFAQ questions and repair questions. Takes the focus of performance oriented post I think. I don't know just my opinion.

Seems as if you should leave virtual mechanic for tech repair post and make engine tech for more engine performance questions and to show things that have worked for you.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Can you expand a bit?

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Can you expand a bit?

Basically leave virtual mechanic as just that, a virtual tech support. Then put engine performance as any engine performance related topics whether it be showing off your new part or discussing the best headgasket for 500whp etc. Right now that 500whp headgasket question would get stuck in between 100 repair questions.

So you basically mean something along the lines of a hybrid between the "Virtual Mechanic", and the "Engine and Performance Mods" boards where someone could ask a question, or post about mods/parts/performance issues?

• 2 weeks later...

The engine mods forum is a forum for completed modifications, modification parts, modification sources for those items, etc, etc. The intent of the engine mods forums are not for question and answer issues in the same fashion the virtual mechainics board uses.

What we could use is a TECH ONLY forum where things above and beyond basic questions are asked. Things like a turbo swap question or a question about IC sources, etc etc.

The problem is the engine mods forum will turn into another virtual mechanics board. It will get cluttered in the same fashion as the virtual mechanics board would.

That is why many of you see me moving those posts out of that forum.

What we could use is a TECH ONLY forum where things above and beyond basic questions are asked. Things like a turbo swap question or a question about IC sources, etc etc.

This is exactly my point or what I think the board needs. You should make it happen  8)