Another Forum? -GOOD IDEA actually

mstieg

I know we already have the Selling and Seeking forums, but why not have one where we can post strings with the best prices found for various NEW parts??  

I support the selling of used/new parts among members first and formost, but we can't always wait around for replies or new posts to get what we need,  

so our ONLY other option is to shop amongst COUNTLESS parts providers  

OR  

place yet ANOTHER post asking people where to find this or that part for cheap.  

(I've seen this and had to do this myself too many times)  

I'd love to place a post leaving options for other people if I've already searched the net for an hour.  This would be a benifit all around the table and save everybody tons of time.

What do you think??

-Matt

ps.

--and yes I know we already have a FEEDBACK FORUM, but it seems all that it's being used for is commentary on how each member is to buy from....Totally different... I'm suggesting one SOLELY intended to help people find CHEAP NEW PARTS,  

---QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY without having to sort through tons of "joebob sold me a great cinder block jackstand" posts

-maybe a split of the feedback is needed?  

Just my thoughts, I'm open for support/criticism.

lol "cinder block jack stand"  hey that's dangerous by the way.  I know someone who got their leg crushed just as they were sliding out from under a truck that was up on cinder blocks, and one block crumbled.  I have a pretty serious phobia about getting under cars though 'cause my uncle died under his caravan a couple years ago when it rolled off the jack stands.  I was the second one on the scene after his oldest son (14).  I was supposed to help Bill work on his van that day but I was late.  Had I been there instead of Billy I could have lifted that van with a digging bar but he wasn't strong enough, heartbreaker really.  I'm not the type to feel guilty about those things, but I've always been dissappointed in the circumstances, no matter how far beyond my control they were.

The title of your post got me all excited because I also had something that will fit under that title perfectly but of a different bent.  Here goes:

As can be read on the feedback forum, some people have been ripped off, some for significant amounts of  money.  There may be many more people some of whom have chosen to remain silent for reasons known only to themelves.  I suggest a NEW FOR SALE FORUM be created and handled such:

An agreement required to be acknowledged by anyone who wishes to post something for sale on that new board whereby

1) they agree to provide a valid address and for a fee, a postcard can be sent to that address which must be returned....you pay for value.

2) A valid phone number and also for a fee, there'd be verification.

3) Direct links of all such seller profiles to a feedback thread relevant to the seller.

4) An agreement that starquestclub can't be held liable but will admit into this club only people with a certain number of posts and positive feedback.

Add to the list people.  This way, you can choose to deal with the fellas out there on a "loose" for sale board blindly or get an additional measure of safety...not up to ebay levels but some level of comfort all the same.  The programming wouldn't be that difficult either....it'll only make some shysters thinks twice since they have agreed to release some info even before hand.

So basically make a List of sorts that any who wish to sell on that group must Verify their addresses first?? Yeah, that would be a perfect addition to the FEEDBACK FORUM.  Are there ways to scam even when using PayPal??  All my deals have gone through that so far

Sorry if I hit a soft spot Chip.  Insert foot here :^O<--

I've never had a loss like that, but my sympathy goes out.  There was no way you could've known, so I hope you don't blame yourself.  Take care

-Matt

Oh hardly man, it's been years, don't sweat it.  I just tell the story when I can in the hope that guys will use the right equipment, and ensure their vehicle is safe to crawl under when they work on it.  My uncle was using cheap jackstands in a gravel driveway with the front of a front wheel drive vehicle in the air and the back tires not blocked.  He screwed up, no doubt about it, but until then I did some pretty stupid stuff, getting under cars that were only supported on one corner by a hydraulic jack, with the parking brake set, so I figure I'm not the only one.  I actually clicked reply with intentions of just telling you the  "joebob sold me a great cinder block jackstand" line was pretty damn funny.  Then I decided to elaborate

Thanks.  With the humor I try....often in huge embarassment failure, but even that can be funny too (if not more so).

Laughs aside, I was serious in that comment.  I get the feeling this idea is not really getting much following.  I still think it would be a great pool of info for future buyers if it could just get done.  Please say what you think on this.  Seems a no brainer.

-Matt