Change order of posts on menus

TM

I'd much prefer the list of threads to be in 'started' order (latest first), rather than 'last posted to' order. Maybe there is a problem doing this, or something I am missing, but for example on the 'For Sale' BB, it just seems logical to want to see the new items posted. A posting to an old offer is of little interest. Coupled with the increased time required to display, I find myself analyzing how many views a thread has had, to determine if it is new (a very inacurate method). I think the little flag 'new' is supposed to indicate this, but it doesn't seem to for me. I also notice people go in and post a message on their ad to bring it back to the top. This results in no additional data to the reader, just more to store. Am I wrong?

That's a really good idea, and I should be able to implement it when I get finished with the code conversion, but in the present state it's really not feasible.

Thanks for the response, and everything else. I played a little more with the new flag at the beginning of each thread on the menu. It appears that it will go away if one opens the thread and after returning to the menu, refreshes one's screen. It didn't seem to stay gone though if I left the site and later returned. - doesn't seem to useful as is. I must admit that I am still a fan of the old Board. Guess I'm a simple kinda guy! -Anxious to see what you've got in the mill.