StarQuestClub.com business cards

ryddler

I had an idea for a sheet of business cards in a template to be created with your username and the club info to be put into an on-the-fly downloadable PDF, that can be printed out and given to people you run into.

Thoughts? comments?

I like this idea! I'm curious how you'll implement it. Will adding the username be done manually for each person? Do you have an automated way to do it? I ask because I use Adobe Acrobat here at work to create PDF documents all the time.

Well of course I don't know how I'm going to implement it yet! That's why I put it on the wish list  ;)

For winnt/2k there are printer drivers available that can print to pdf from pretty much any program, and I've utilized one of them in an intranet app at work.

There are other solutions as well, but I'll be using a *nix solution I imagine, and generating them on the fly all automagically. You don't really think I'll do every one by hand do you  ;)

Of course I didn't think you were planning to do them all by hand! hehe

Let me know how you manage to get it to work. Oh, BTW, the Avery Ink Jet Business Card paper is listed as #8371. It's standard 8.5"x11" sized card stock paper with 10 2"x3.5" cards on it. The border measurements are .5" (top and bottom) and .75" (sides) when looking at it in portrait orientation.

I learned this since I make my own SoCal StarQuest cards from the big color Xerox copier/printer we have at work. Of course I have StarQuestClub.com listed as the first online resource on the back of each of them!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, bossman!  Then I would not have to stalk each new Starquest I see until I meet the owner.  I could just stick the ol' card under the wiper.  That way I could enlighten the uneducated Starquesters without freaking them out by following them all around town till they stop, or parking next to their car in parking lots and waiting hours if necessary for their return!  You think I'm kidding, don't you?  LOL...Nope, that's how bad I got it!  Anyways, I'm all for it.  Thanks!

-wastegate-

• 3 weeks later...
   I think it's a great idea. wastegate... I've been stalking this guy with a silver star for about two months now, I've never seen this car yet, but some friends of mine told me where he works, and where he like to go for lunch...lol

but some friends of mine told me where he works, and where he like to go for lunch...lol

LOL, and you are collecting hair samples, creating a hair doll, you know his favorite shampoo, etc., lol....