factory decals?

Prtaick

on the side of my black 87flatty i have a decal that runs from the fromt air dam all the way to the rear cover an from the rocker to about mid way up the door

its not flashy at all its like a small silver and black checkerd design that was cleary produced for the car

ive never seen anything like it on another SQ and was wondering if it was some sort of factory option or something offerd for the car in its early years

ill try to get a pick of it up

It's called pin stripes, they make them in many different styles. I have seen pin stripes under clearcoat before too, maybe that's why it looks factory.

I think I saw a widebody white quest with those type of decals on the side on the 2.6liter site.

It appears to be a dealer add-on in my opinion.  I haven't seen that specific detail design before.  

The first Mitsubishi dealerships in Chicago were

1)  Hanley-Dawson in Downtown Chicago near Ed Debevics Restaurant.  They did not offer much dealer add on stuff.

2)  Downers Grove -- I forget the name.

3)  Patrick in Schaumburg.  I did not buy my Starion from them because they put on $1,500 worth of dealer add on stuff -- stuff that I didn't want -- radar detector, alarm,  decals, rear hatch louvers, etc.  I would talk with one of the service managers at Patrick to see if they remember which vendor produced those decals for them.  

Later, another dealership arrived in Libertyville.  

ive got something similar on my 84 but my car is white and the graphics are black

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/Starion/leftside2.jpg

bad pic but you can see mine starts grey and fades to black and says ES before the fade and Turbo in the fade