relocated climate cont. new panel in place

Jason_L

im gonna try to explain what I did as best i can cause i just finished and have no pics...years ago when i bought my 89 the guy had ran wires through the pass. side pillar and through the headliner to were the dome light used to be.  he made a mold for the climate cont. and domelights, the climate cont. is at like a 45deg angle facing right at me.  well there was always a huge hole in the dash from were the climate cont. used to be, he also took both vents out right there...this left me with a 15"x2 3/4" to work with.  i just used a piece of plexiglass that i put in there years ago since it was fitted in there good.  i put a hole on the drivers side of the panel for my a/f guage.  well i wanted to wrap it vinyl so i proceeded to one of my parts cars, and got a idea while tearing the headliner down.  the idea was to put one of those long vents in the liner and put it on the panel.  so i cut a opening in the panel for the vent.  wrapped it up in the black vinyl, made the relief cuts for the a/f and vent.  I am SO pleased w/ the way it turned out, it really looks good to me.  I will probably do it again in several months w/ a/f boost and a 3rd guage(not sure what yet) and also place one of the small vents that were originally there...only thing to do now is find a way to direct the vent at the heater to the long skinny one on the new panel...

• 2 months later...

fixxed the wrinkles since pic was taken...a little different from what i described originally....redid it without the vent this time...ill either go with another guage or a turbo timer in the space thats left.  my climate controll is up near the map lights,ill get pics of that after i wrap it in leather...ill just use old headliners from my parts cars...the leather the guages are in are from a door panel that had a rip

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/Jason_L/IMAG0213MA10139143-0003.JPG