My aluminum radio dash & misc interior trim (Pics)

Josh '88

My OEM radio dash developed a crack in the top-right corner, and it looked like it was starting to oxidize. I decided to make me a replacement out of 1/8" aluminum, and also made a trim-piece for my shifter:

I also put 2 cigarette lighter sockets in the radio dash, for my portable CD player & cell phone. When I find one, I'll put a single-DIN pocket below the radio to store my glasses, chewing gum, etc.

I had some small pieces of aluminum left, so I made a some trim pieces for my dimmer switch/rear defroster & rear wiper switch. I need some feedback on these 2 pieces. Do they look decent, or are they ugly?

Josh

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I installed the 2 orange switches over a year ago. One switch goes to my fog lights, and the other switch is currently there for looks (it did operate my dual-stage boost controller). The switches came with instructions on how to install them. It took awhile, because I had to cut a square hole in order to install the switches.

The aluminum pieces are pretty simple to make: use the OEM trim piece to trace out an aluminum piece. It was so time-consuming because I'm limited on the proper tools I should've had. I spent over an hour on each trim piece because I used a small file to do the finishing touches by hand.

Josh

Nicely done, and I appreciate the answer and attention to detail, but a hint for future projects to make it easier on/for you would be to get a dremel tool, makes cutting square holes in plastic, or filing rough edges on aluminum MUCH easier (and faster, too!)!!! This isn't criticism, just a (hopefully) constructive suggestion, thanks!