AUTOPOWER STREET ROLL BAR: STARION 83-89

Dude, I spent $165 on a custom 8 point rollcage from Chassis engineering and now have a 10 point addition to it which cost like $100 for the hoop and bars.  The only thing is mine's a weld in and of course all the interior had to come out to put it in.  I also don't have a back seat either.  Their kits are available so you can keep the back seat, or you just don't put the crossbar in there.  That's just my thoughts though.

Lataz,

Brian

yes, anything that connects one side of the chassis to the other will add rigidity.  when i put the 4 point bar in my miata it made a world of difference.  it won't necessarily make a strut bar useless, as the forces the rollbar eliminate are in a different direction than what a strut bar eliminates, and in the front end the rollbar does nothing.

just to help someone out i have an account with them so if you want this just let me know ill get it for you at my cost just bought my drag roll bar 340.00 my cost ill give it to you for the same cost plus shipping any questions my e mail is z24 frank@yahoo.com just trying to help

just to help someone out i have an account with them so if you want this just let me know ill get it for you at my cost just bought my drag roll bar 340.00 my cost ill give it to you for the same cost plus shipping any questions my e mail is z24 frank@yahoo.com just trying to help

how much can you get the race roll bar for before shipping?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave Turner Motorsports sells them cheaper that IO port. Not by much but they still are cheaper. The final decision would be based on who is closer to your shipping destination.

"THANKS FOR THE EMAIL...A FULL ROLL CAGE WITH THE "DOM" METAL IS $629.95. THE DOM IS THE LIGHTER OF THE TWO METALS.THE ERW IS A HEAVIER METAL AND THAT BAR WILL RUN YOU $519.95.THESE CAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN BOLT IN OR WELD IN.I DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT EXACTLY,BUT THEY ARE USUALLY ANYWHERE FROM 3-20 LBS.FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL US AT 1-800-854-6640,THANKS"

Name: Max Withrow

Phone:

Fax:

Email: maxboost11@hotmail.com

Address: 3314 Kentwood

City: Spring

State: TX

Zip: 77380

Make: Mitsubishi

Model: Starion

Year: 88

Brand Preference: autopower

Type of vehicle you are racing:

Type of racing you are doing: road race

Customer needs-- Autopower full roll cage(mild steel)

• 2 months later...
does anyone have one of these installed? I want to get the race rollbar that has a bar going across, and I want to see if it would interfere with someone sitting in the rear seat on the passenger side. I have their catalog, and from the generic picture, it looks like no one car really sit back there with the race rollbar installed.

backslider,

That guy never replied back to my question (ebay posts forum - 2nd link) re: his roll bar when I asked him about it. How are you so sure it's an Autopower roll bar?... and if so, which model?

Someone had a car on ebay a while back with one installed. I will see if I can find it.

Found it

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_2...3b713/i-6_B.JPG

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1050293021

Your correct, I do not know if it is a autopower or not. I just assumed it to be. I dont think the guy who posted the add on starquest was the owner. Your best bet would be to contact the previous owner of the car from the ebay auction.

I should have one soon, maybe, s*** I dont know. I may be fired from my job tomorrow(I have a meeting with HR)

I have the auto power catalog and it looks identical to their design, i am sure its theirs.

they have 2 models. one is just the rollbar, and that is the other one with the diagonal bar and the optional removable cross bar. if you look carefully, you will see the seatbelt bar that connects to the diagonal bar behind the drivers seat.

I really want to keep my rear passenger seat available. I am going to ask them to do a reverse diagonal bar that only goes to the center of the car and does not cover the rear seat. this way i will still have a mount for the seat belts and for the camera.

well I talked to them today. if we get a group purchase going, they will give a 5% discount for a purchase of 10. its probably not worth the hassel.

as for ERW and DOM>

ERW is an electric welding process and the DOM is a "Drawn over Mandrel" which is stronger. most of the rollbars are only available in ERW.

they dont have a part number for the "Street-Sport" rollbar that comes with a crossbar but you can just order the street or race rollbar and have them add the crossbar for about $60.

here is their contact:

Autopower Industries

3424 Pickett St.

San Diego, CA 92110 USA

phone: 619-297-3300

fax: 619-297-9765

not really. I have the autopower cataloge and price list. there are 2 prices listed

the "Net" price is about the same as what  IO port is selling for.

the "list" price is about 15% more.

I am not sure which price they sell them for, i forgot to ask.

• 9 months later...

by the way, here is what the Race Rollbar from autopower looks like.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/misc/rollbar1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/misc/rollbar2.jpg