How do these wheels sound?

I want to run 17x9 up front and 17x11-13 out back.  Maybe 18's, but I can't figure it out yet.  Any idea on the offset on those?  I used to work at a tire & wheel shop but have since forgotten how to figure it all up.  Besides, today is waaay too f-ed up for me to think.  LOL

Laters,

Brian

aren't 18/0 the offset on the stock wheels?  Going wider, wouldnt the offset change?

That's what I was thinking...

You're wanting to add 1 inch to the SHP wheels... With 9's in front and 10's in back...

You'll have to bear with me here, i'm trying to figure this out on paper... ;D

OK.. There's no possible way for me to sit here and tell you what will fit with "X" offset... This is assuming that a 18x9 will even fit and not rub in the front... Coilovers are definately needed, along with rolling the fender lips... I've had a 18x8 bolted up to the front, with the correct 18mm offset mind you... It fit very nicely but I imagine a 9 inch wide rim would rub in the front under full lock of the wheel...The rear is different, depending on what you're going to do with the car... Personally, i'm lowering about 2.5-3 inches and this couldn't be done with 10inch rears right off the bat.. I'd have to keep test fitting different offsets, and usually that takes awhile since most rim places will only have a few in stock..

I'm going to be going with SHP sizes for known fitment...So 18x8 and 18x9's... Plus, are you wanting to get soft compound tires all the time? I don't think there's any H rated 18's beyond 225's, maybe 245's.... I've been down the road of 8K mile tires that cost $650 for the stock 16's...I'm not interested in doing that anymore...

But with you, if you're adding 1 inch total to the shp's 8/9 setup... You'll just have to test fit until it works out.. If at all possible, with the back 10 inch wide rim...you're essentially adding 1/2 inch to each side of the stock SHP rear, since it's the easier "0" offset....this will keep the same offset but you'll have to see if it will rub...

The front's are even more of a hassle, since you have to have the proper clearance between the tire and the strut, the tire and the wheelwell...full lock turning etc... Lots of things to get right...

The offsets you listed aren't even close to being able to fit, a offset of 44 is pretty much a FWD rim with very little lip... ;)

I was thinking of putting 19X8.5 +35 or +45 in the front and 19X9.5 +35 for the rear and just use 25 mm & 35 mm. H&R spacers. do you guy think this can work?

Thanks

The only way that'll work is if you have coilovers... The rear's would work pretty well I think... It's just the front, when you turn lock to lock... It'll rub.

I'd also stay away from spacers.. You'll need longer wheel studs, and even then..your bearings will wear out much faster with the load that far out on them.

I'd look for the correct wheels to use without spacers. But that's just me.

I'd like to run 19's also, I think they will fit but tire prices for 19's makes me say no. 18's will be just fine, without any fitment issues. VOLK/RAYS probably....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzUyNDA1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg this is the spacer/adapter i was refering to. and these are the wheels i am planing to get. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzUyNDA0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

oh and yes i will be getting coil-overs. :)

so what would be the approximate offset that i need for this setup?

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzUyNDA1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg this is the spacer/adapter i was refering to. and these are the wheels i am planing to get. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzUyNDA0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

oh and yes i will be getting coil-overs. :)

so what would be the approximate offset that i need for this setup?

There ya go... Sometime you have to put a space at the last [/img] for it to work...

What are the sizes for those rims?.. Width wise I mean. They look like a good fit as long as they're near the stock 8/9 inch wide rims...

I like these, look pretty close to stock.

http://www.visionwheel.com/v2002/wheels/528.htm

EDIT: Guess they went out of business? Their website has been down for almost a week.

I actually saw these as 20's on a Silver 04 Dodge Ram truck today. They have more of a "hot rod" look than I thought...  :-/

19X8.5 +35 or 45 offset

19X9.5 +35 or 45 offset

So i figure i'd use a 15mm spacer for the front to bring it down to +20 and use a 35mm spacer for the rear to bring it down to 0 offset.

thanks

Yeah that should work with coilovers. Your turning radius might be effected alittle...

Have you priced out tires yet? I guarantee you it'll cost over a grand to put a set of rubber on them!

Everyone of us are trying to match the factory service manual.

has any one thought to measure the backspace we have?

from front end what is the measurement from face of rotor (stud side) to spring.

from rear end again measure the depth from face of rotor to spring.

If I am correct the coilover is a smaller diameter and if this is so wouldn't that give us a touch more room?

What is the measurement from the inside edge of fender to the spring?

front and rear.

there are wheels available and the worst thing we could do is get front wheel drive wheels and use friggin spacers.

why make our cars look front wheel drive.

These cars are and look bad butt due the staggered fitment of the wheels.

We need to think ...measure and see what offsets work.

SHP rears had positive 10 and standard rear 5 lugs had zero.

we could cheat and use this but come on shouldn't we measure?

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

• 2 weeks later...

18x10 in the rear and 18x9 up front won't be a problem. You can go with +13mm offset for the rear and +31 for the front. The factory 8's and 9's are +18mm up front and 0 in the back. For every inch wider you want your wheels add apx. a half inch to the off set or apx. 13mm. Very easy.

DJ