Gauging Interest In Full Coilover Suspension Kit

OK,

Recently I have come into contact with a place called DMS ( http://www.dmsamericas.com ).  They produce full coilover suspension for rally, road, and autocross cars.  They manufacture their own shocks/struts and rebuild them locally.  That's right, they are based out of Australia but the US branch is here in good ol Austin, TX.  I talked with the owner and he said he is looking for some new designs to make and I suggested, of course, the Mustangs and also our beloved StarQuest's.  The guy is very interested in making the kits and stated, "It'd be easy to produce them after we get all the measurements and everything we need.  How large is the interest from the Starion / Conquest side?"

So that is what I'm trying to figure out!  Who is interested in something like this?  The kits would include the following:

- 4 40mm (single adjustable 30 position "bump" or rebound settings) or 50mm (double adjustable with 20 position bound and 4 position rebound settings)

- 4 springs of your choice.  You can choose the springs that best suit your car and the mods in weight reduction and driving you do.

- 4 full coil over kits with everything needed to install.  Yes, everything.

So, now that I have said everything you get, you are prolly wondering the price.  The single adjustable (40mm) kits go for around $1800.  The double adjustable units go for around $2200.  That may seem high to some people but remember you are getting a FULL CAR SET!  That's all 4 corners for that price including shocks, springs, and the coilover kit.  Best part is that these are rebuildable through the US branch right here in Austin.  So if you get them and ever have any problems, let me know and I can personally take them over for rebuilding!

Now,  Who is interested?  I don't wanna take anything from Artinist and his projects, but these seem to be a really cool option.  If there is enough interest then I'll make sure they are made.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

The kit uses their shocks / struts, their springs, and their coilover kits.  There isn't a set number of kits to produce.  I am just wondering if I am wasting my time getting him to get all the measurements and going through all the trouble for nothing.  I guess after 50++ views and only your response, it may be a worthless endeavor.  I'll get a set for my car though and the guy is gonna be here Friday to show his stuff off.

Laters,

Brian

Sounds like it will be a really nice setup, but that's a whole lotta jack.  I might very well be interested come next spring ;), if I haven't done something with the suspension by then.

But you'll need to remember that to many people here, $2000 is a ton of money.  Probably many like myself would be uncomfortable commiting to something this expensive.  I know that many things could happen/change between now and the time I'd have the $$.

Josh

Yeah, it seems expensive, but you have to realize what all is coming with the kit.  I looked at it and heard the price and was like "Dayumn!" but then realized that was for all 4 corners, shocks, springs, and coilover kits included with all mounting and installation hardware.  It's really not a bad price at all then.

Laters,

Brian

Yeah, I feel that.  LOL  $2,000 is a lotta cheese to me right now too.  LOL  I nedsta get a lottery winning ticket or something, then I'd buy a set for everyone in the club.  LOL  Coilovers & Marnal's for everyone!!!  LOL

Laters,

Brian

thats a little too steep.

you can spend $1500 and turn like an F1 car, well almost.

KYB AGX kit - 200

AGX shocks - 360

front camber plates - $300

rear camber plates - included

anti sway bars - 250

GC coilovers - 400

Greddy front strut bar - 100

OK,

They brought over a kit for the Ford Focus.  Their stuff is awesome!  The quality of the parts and attention to detail is great.  They said they could bring the price down to about $1400 retail for a full car kit using H&R or Eiback springs instead of the ones they use now.  They also said they are looking for another way to bring costs down, we mentioned the H&R springs and they were all over them.  I was very impressed.  I have pics of the kit but have to load all the digital camera software to put the pics on here.  LOL  It'll be done today or tomorrow.  They said making the kits should be pretty easy and quick into production.  All they'd need is a front and rear strut and pics of the wheel wells.  Since we have a Quest here (Red Rocket) I can get pics no prob.  Anyone have some old struts laying around they wanna send me?

Laters,

Brian

• 1 month later...
Brian, thats an awesome deal right in line with the price you pay for any other car.  The problem is, most guys didn't pay that much for thier whole car.  I've come to realize in the last year or so that most quest owners don't have a lot of extra loot to throw at their cars.  You'll see a kid with a WRX drop 8 bills on a new titanium cat back exhaust while quest owners bicker about a full 3" exhaust for 295.  I haven't figured out why but thats just how the cookie crumbles.

I have come to realize the same thing.  I for one am going to get this suspension on my car.  I just need someone who has replaced all their struts to send me an old set so they can start making them.  Also need detailed pics of the wheel well and where everything mounts on the suspension.  I don't have a Quest here anymore to do that with.  :(  Anyways, those who have the money to spend may just do that and those who don't may just save up for it.  Either way, the kits look BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD a**!!  They are really sweet looking!

Thanks for the update Brian.

My question is this, so will these be available for us to purchase after you send them the struts?  By that I mean will we be able to get it anytime or will this be a one time thing?

Went to their website though, looks like they have got some awesome stuff as far as suspension goes, on the cutting edge of development.

8)

Supplying them the parts is so they can make the CNC program and specs for the kit and then all they gotta do is run the program and out comes a set.    He he  They'll be available forever I'd guess.  Anyone wanna send me struts?  LOL

Well, I decided to take ownership of said Conquest   ;D

I didn't have a chance to get the struts off tonight because we were late getting home and I need to make a spot in the garage but I should have them off and photos taken this week.  Can you tell me what photos you're looking for?  How long will DMS need the struts?