Adjustable front and rear shocks-available soon

its part number 765016 for front and back.

NOT the 765015, that shock is a slightly different size and is meant to handle the light weight of the MR2 front. it will not do well in the starion.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the camber platers included in this kit have a larger size diameter hole becuase of the different size piston. this kit will not work using the rear factory rubber isolaters, that is the reason the kit includes the camber kits. the fronts ones are no problem.

if you want to get this kit, just send me your camber plates so I can get you the ones that will work with these shocks. I will subtract the price of the camber kit that you bought already.

I don't think anyone knows yet!

The good news is that they are adjustable with 4 different settings. If I had to guess I would say that on the softest setting they will be a tad softer than stock up front and about the same or a tad stiffer than stock in the rear. That should leave us with plenty of adjustment from crusing to autox or track days.

i am not sure how to measure it other than by trying to move it by hand and just do a comparason.

on soft its softer than stock and on the hardest its harder than tokikos. it has a pretty large margin of adjustment.

they will be great both for autox and drag launch. especially, with the camber plates that will remove negative camber from the back to increase rear tracktion when taking off.

Is the adjustment for both compression and rebound. I'm looking for a something that will perform well on the street and the strip.

Yes the single adjustment is for both. This is from the KYB website:

Fast on car Adjustment:

Built with the advanced engineering and exceptional quality your exact from KYB, lets drivers tune their struts to match their driving conditions.

No need to lift the vehicles or remove anything to change settings. Damping rate is selected with an external knob on the strut body or a screwdriver slot at the top of the piston rod, depending on the model.

The single damping adjustment on the strut changes both the rebound and the compression strokes. Depending on the model, their are either 4 or 8 stages of adjustment. In addition to the manually adjustable damping settings, AGX features 3-stage, real time, auto-adjusting damping.

Lowest setting is 15% softer than stock OE and the highest setting is 40% firmer that stock OE.

When driving on smooth surfaces, strut movements are relatively slow and valving allows the strut to travel freely. As the road conditions get rougher, the strut is compressed faster, responds instantly yo make response firmer, maintaining tire contact and vehicle control.

This 3-valve action allow AGX Struts to adjust to road conditions automatically.

I didn't realize that the lowest setting is actually softer than stock.

for anyone interested in Konis over KYB's, I found them for $570 shipped

Part Number: 8641 1221SPORT

Quantity: 4 (Rears)

List Price: $880.00

Our Price: $545.00

Shipping: $25.00

Total: $570.00

I've had Koni's on several Hondas and have always been pleased but am considering trying the KYB's for something different.  Well, the DMS setup has me thinking too   ;D

I also found the KYB's for $368 shipped, just in case anyone hasnt found a better deal.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry about that guys. the hardware is all done and good to go. I have just been putting together some liability statement(for off-road use only........etc.) stuff, you know.

I will have these out over the weekend.

I've had Koni's on several Hondas and have always been pleased but am considering trying the KYB's for something different.  Well, the DMS setup has me thinking too   ;D

DMS Was out here today measuring the Mustangs and taking some struts & shocks we had laying around for them.  I think the gurantee of 6 orders for their $2200 system has most StarQuesters clinching in their boots.  So I don't even know if this is going to come about.  I know there are many StarQuests all over the world but getting them all to agree to buy at least 6 sets is a hard thing to do.  I think Anartist's product will be awesome and I for one am looking forward to test results.

Laters,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

is anyone interested in getting both the adjustable shock setup AND a coilover kit?

I would like to sell a kit to someone at a reduced price so they can install it quickly and give us feedback and make sure everything is jolly. its to sort of test and double check for easy of installation to make sure the fasteners and other small misc. stuff fit well by someone elses opinion.

is anyone interested in getting both the adjustable shock setup AND a coilover kit?

I would like to sell a kit to someone at a reduced price so they can install it quickly and give us feedback and make sure everything is jolly. its to sort of test and double check for easy of installation to make sure the fasteners and other small misc. stuff fit well by someone elses opinion.

Ooh, ooh..  Me  <raising hand>   ;D