Anyone removed the ABS unit?

Carefull about flaring brake lines.  Brake lines usually should be

"double flaired" that is where the flair is folded back on itself.

This is to prevent the end from spliting and then leaking.

So, does this take a special tool or can you do it with a normal flare tool??  How exactly is this done?

As far as I know it takes a special tool.

Check out www.inlinetube.com

Unless you are doing something very special, it

is better to just go buy another line.  Why take the

chance for a few bucks.

That would be great, I've wanted to do this mod for a while, but I'm aprehensive about it, it's the whole "I don't know what the frik I'm doing" thing ;D.

Andrew

• 2 months later...
found a REALLY REALLY easy way to do this, go to the junk yard find a flatsider, they dont have ABS or at least mine didnt, take the line from that car, put it on yours

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

O.k. all of these people are getting rid of the modulators. I am trying to keep mine. (don't ask, I just like it, possibly later getting rid of it). So anywho, did anyone decide to keep any of these modulators and if so would you be willing to part with one?

please check out my message post in items wanted (Modulator or Solenoid valves).

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

What if i didnt do anything with that check-valve, and left the ABS computer, and modulator intact. I mean i jumped the proportioning valve and Master Cylinder.. but for some reason, it was braking fine for 30+ miles, and then when i went to park at my place, went to back up, and i felt her sticking again. Maybe a caliper(s)? I bought the 20" 3/16 line from Advance auto for $2.50 and that was all that was involved. Also used some new brake-fluid, and did a complete bleed.... starting from the caliper farthest from the master-cylinder, and work your way to the closest. ehhe

-Stiggity