Custom built boxes, speaker setups, and more

Any one have Custom Built Boxes, Instalation, or other pics to post of there systems.

i have 5 1/4" in the front 4 spots for speakers *DX-5 model: 2-way, polymica cone rubber edge, 1" neodymica polycarbonate dome twweter, frequency response 70hz to 20khz*

and two 6 1/2" in the back *DX-6 model: same as dx-5 only frequency response is 50hz to 20khz*

the speakers are earthquake rated at 60 watts.

Im getting rid of these speakers and getting new ones with more wattage so if anyone wants to buy them let me know.

My sub is a 12" Eclipse think its a 1,500 watt.

i have two 120 watt tweets that i mounted on the soft part of the upper hatch.

i find you get less hiss from tweets when mounted high and behind you, or low and pointed away from you.

actualy switching up what i have right now

going to put in 2 tweets on each door by the power windows controls, and another 2 tweets in the back.

there will be a custom box built for two 6 1/2 speakers in the rear windows on both sides. and two on both sides of the front.

Will be adding another 12" Eclipse 1,500 watt sub, then custom make a box to replace the back seats.

also adding two 10" 1,200 watt subs in the back hatch.

more to come

I put 6x9's in my rear speaker location.  I cut out the speaker hole on the back piece and then cut a piece of 1/4" particle board a little bigger than the speaker(with hole in it) and put that on top of the back piece.  Then I covered it in vinyl and the added depth allowed me to put in the 6x9's.  If anyone is interested I will send a pic to someone who will put it up.

i have some bostons tweeters screwed into where the cloths hangers are. two bostons in the rear. i custom made my own box, so that it slants from the back seats to the edge of the wheel wells that hold a single 12 rockford HE2.  an alpine V12 800 watt x 1. alpine deck.  the bostons are off my sis inlaws car....it was going to be repoed. so i took everything out. hehe  used the rotozip to make the custom slantted box.  it's a pain to get to the rear speakers.

• 2 months later...

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/FLINTSTONE/sub1.JPG

Those are my 8" subs in 2 .53 cube foot boxes. They stick to the rear seats and fold down with them.

I have rockford componet set

.5 tweeters mounted in the corner of the windsheild

3.5 mids in the dash

50w rms, 100w peak

I have 5.25 fosgate, kevlar wound mids in the doors 250w max

6.5 Planet Audios in the rear w/choke coils to kill some of the highs going through them.

8" pioneer subs in .53 cf sealed boxes. 120w rms 350w max

gulp.....now for the amp...Junksen...it's

600watt 6 channel 4x75-150w max @ 4 ohms & 2x150 300w max@ 4 ohms,

or 150wx4-300w max @ 2 ohms

It sounds good. The spl of the subs and amp are high.

I also have a pioneer 600 premeer head unit with 4.5 v output..

It's loud enough for me and loud enough to shake my neighbors walls enough to get them to yell at me. The the first they spoke to me in like 3 years.

I had the system since late 99.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went out and blew some money last week; here's my attempt:

JLaudio Evolution TR 4" Coaxial in the doors (35 watts rms)

JLaudio Evolution TR 5.25" Coaxial in the hatch (50 watts rms)

Alpine CDA-7897 MP3 CD Player

http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/i...0&p_main=10

Alpine CHA-S634 MP3-cd compatible 6-disc changer

Orion XTR-Pro 12" Subwoofer (1000 watts max)

Planetaudio 600 watt rms, 1000 watt max amp

Dynamat all over the place, and a professional install this Saturday...

I guess I'll save up for those components eventually, but this should tide me over for the next few months.  I'll put up some pictures when I get it all put in, too.

• 2 weeks later...

For the money, the JL coaxials aren't bad at all. In fact, I'd put them at the top of the "cheap" list. Way better than any Sony or Pioneer stuff of that price range.

Sometimes the most ghetto equipment will get you by if you're desperate enough to try it out.. :) I had a Power Acoustik amp that I competely abused for a year and it sounded "ok", then I sold it for just about what I had in it (sold for $70, paid $100). As far as I know it still works to this day.

I kinda miss those days.. The last amp I bought retailed for 16x what I paid for the Power Acoustik...  :-/