Which speakers are good to get

BullShipper

I hate to say this, but speakers are a personal thing .  I compete in car stereo competitions and there are as many different kinds of speakers being won with , as there are competitors . The install itself is way more important than any other single factor . That being said , speakers do sound different from one another , so listening to many on a single board in a shop from the same amp will get you the charictaristics you enjoy . Then you hop on the net and find the best price on those. when you are listing to the speakers back away from them and put yourself at an angle similar to the position you sit in the car , because they even sound different from different angles . Speakers in the wall are in there own enclosers also so the amount of bass will be more than in your car too . I'm winded now I'm gonna catch my breath.....  :)   O you should not have had any problems with sun damage for at least a few years if you did there was a prob. with that set . I would at least tell my salesman what happend they may be able to something . You might try to call the Infinity 1-800 # also , even first ?

Well put ralphyboy.  Just to add... take your own music to the stereo shop.  Pick the music that best represents your listening style, and use that to give a good baseline (not bass line) for comparison.

Also, if you are not very experienced in installs or fabrication, don't be afraid to bombard the sales staff with questions, or even consider having them install.  The quality of install can make or break any system.

Well put ralphyboy.  Just to add... take your own music to the stereo shop.  Pick the music that best represents your listening style, and use that to give a good baseline (not bass line) for comparison.

Also, if you are not very experienced in installs or fabrication, don't be afraid to bombard the sales staff with questions, or even consider having them install.  The quality of install can make or break any system.

That is a really good idea. LOTS of the shops in this town really upset me by getting snotty when I would ask questions (usually when I was in my teens). Some shops act like they're the only place on Earth that can sell you brand X. I make it a habit to ask lots of questions (good questions, not questions just to annoy them) when I go to a shop I've never been in before just to see how friendly/helpful the staff is. I don't want to spend a months pay in a place that's going to give me problems if something goes wrong 2 weeks later.

Also, whenever I go to shop for speakers I typically ask the salesman to play everything on the board and NOT tell me their price or brand. Walking into a store with an opinion of "MB Quart rules!" or "Pioneer sucks!" will get you no where. If you like something cheap - great! If not, save up for it! :)

If you're in the area I would recommend Custom Audio Concepts in Van Wert Ohio (Their big claim to fame was being the first car to hit a perfect 40 in IASCA RTA back in '96). Very excellent shop. It's kind of what I imagine all stores being like 50 years ago.

$.02