any difference between differing unibody years

TiGgErTSI

hi there

i was wondering if there are any differances (major differences) between starquest unibodies from year to year? if an 86 widebody was stripped down to the bare unibody would the 89 'shell' and everything else fit right over it perfectly and vice versa?

as starion 88 said the interior parts are different.  they will still bolt up but an 86 had manual belts, maybe, i know my 84 does.  the later years have auto belts. which intern has the auto belt safety release in the center console panel.  early years didnt have that.  as far as fenders  and body pieces yes.  all years fit.  i think from flat body to wide body there are some front end differents, longer track and such but im not sure on that.  still will bolt up.  larger brake rotors and caliper brackets to go with it.  there are different options such as heated mirrors and things that have certain electronics that are needed.  tranny tunnels between auto and 5speed are different.  auto tranny tunnel will fit 5 speed but not vice versa(i think).  i havent heard of anything not bolting up even if it was different, a good bonus for us owners;)

• 2 months later...

Correct, the only differences between the actually uni-body itsself is the transmission tunnel between the auto and 5spd cars.  The Auto tranny tunnel is much wider than for the 5spd cars.  You can install a 5spd in an auto car, but you'll have to custom make a bracket for the rear tranny mount.  Everything else, will swap, no matter the year.  The suspension peices are different between narrow and wide bodies to allow for a wider track, and the addition of 5lug hubs (although the intercooled flatties had the 5lug hubs too).  

One of the widebody ISMA cars actually started life as 84?? flatty.