whos bought the hurricane? fess up(WHO ARE YOU)

Hey Quikconq ill send you pics!! Yeah pls get it it's worth the wait and when me and jeff are done we should be able to help you out easily!! ;D Damn these red X's  >:(

Hey Jeff, COOL !!! I hope your baby starts soon i can't wait either !!!!! I ended up getting an Aeromotive PN13109 bypass regulator that has 45 to 70psi 1.1 reference boost only i'll be adding an FMU if ever it's necessary. What is the part number of your fuel filter? I'll be probably upgrading to a -6an hose from the pump to filter coz after the filter is all -6an already the fuel pump i might just stick w/ the Bosch for now.  The pic i'll be sending you my TB is a little diff than yours and it has a anodized plug by the side of the TPS if that's a vac port then (hopefully)that's where ill be using my pcv valve by the way I have a Krankvent system already before I had this project if you need some help lemme know. I'm still on the mock up fitting stage to figure out what aeroquip fittings to use w/c is costing me tons of moolah :-[  Anyway I know it'll look cool with it and Im readying up those thermal sleeves .

Joe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice your build looks great. My throttle body is a little different so I'm not sure were you would hook the vacuum advance. My thottle body had a nipple right under it. And my tps plug is different also. I noticed most of your wiring on the fire wall was gone and the lines that ran to the ps gear box were gone? How did you eliminate all the harness? I see that you ran the line from the ps fill directly to the gear box and eliminated the line that ran up front and across the front bumper then back again to the box. I assume mitsu designed that as some sort of cooler did you have problems with the fluid getting too hot? If not I think I'm going to try and do that. My fire was still has a mess of wiring across it. I talked to scott yesterday and ed is going to call me today and I'm going to discuss my concerns so far and hopefully from what I was told I might have my downpipe by friday or sat. So my car should come to life by early next week. I also addressed the pcv valve question with them and they are running a vacuum pump setup but are going to tell me how to hook up the crank vent system instead of the pcv valve system. And I meant to ask you are you planning on using your stock oil pressure and coolant temp gauge? If so you will have to run a new wire from the old oil pressure sender and also run a wire off the new coolant temp sensor back into the car and connect them back under the dash to make those guages work. I'm actually hooking them back up under the glove box right now so if you need some help will that feel free to ask. It is really simple to do.

Oh no I never done that or knew that I have to do it :-/  So I have to run a new wire from the oil press sender to the oil guage? Lemme know the exact details and the coolant temp is that the one that's on the back of the MPI? with the brass fitting and where the heater outlet connects? and do I have to extract anything from the old intake?  

Yeah the junk in the firewall that's the first thing I did eliminate unneccessary lines and brackets, the PS lines are now ss braided so i would eliminate that extra line that goes to the front bumper ...in fact they run so cold that I've been having whirring problems  in the cold and I knew i had a bad pump so I replaced it, if you need help on what fittings to get lemme know.

The return line is not yet installed from the reservoir back to PS pump.

Ok about the krankvent yeah hopefully they'll tell us soon ,,.. but I'm positive that plug on my TB is a vacport coz I tried to blow on it and air comes out in the TB after the butterfly valve,..if so I would know to hook it up coz of my recent setup.

I can't wait to get her fired up coz I know someday the anxiety will hit me too:)

GOOD LUCK and let's keep in touch.

Joe

PS: I have new pics from and helpful info on radiator hoses especially that wierd thermostat housing design , it would have been easier if they have the other half welded :-/

I noticed in your pics that you had braided oil cooler lines. Did you make them yourself or get them from oscar? If you made them yourself I would be really interested in how you did it. And how did you make your oil return line?

You'll need:

2 -6an straight hose ends

4 -6an to 16mmx1.5 metric adapters #AER-FCM2241 $39.00

2 -6an 90deg hose ends

10ft. -6an hose pn. SUM-23610

get this all from summit!!sum it up it will be like 130.00 or so....

joe

And thats for the oil cooler lines correct? How about the oil return did you fab that up yourself too or did you buy one? The one I did isn't the best in the world and if I can build one for cheap I'll do that. No point in getting cheap now after spending a ton on the car so far. As soon as ed lets me know which wire to tap into for the coolant I'll let you know how to hook up the oil and coolant gauges shouldn't take you more then say 20 min. to do it since your car is already apart anyway. I'll keep in touch. Thanx again.

Not to bother you again but I just want to make sure I get the right stuff for the stuff you listed top to bottom I got these part numbers

AER-FBM1012 $5.95EA.

AER-FBM2241 $9.95EA.

AER-FBM4032 $16.88EA.

SUM-230610 $39.95

I think that is it but not sure. The part number for the adapters has been changed to the one I listed just so you know if you looking for it again later and the hose I'm assuming you missed a 0 after the 3 because the number you listed said wasn't any good. Thanx for all the info I really appreciate it. Its helping me greatly.

What oil cooler do these lines bolt up to?  Most I have seen are female 1/2 npt I think.  I didnt see any adapters in your post to fit that type of thread.

BuGG

Not to bother you again but I just want to make sure I get the right stuff for the stuff you listed top to bottom I got these part numbers

AER-FBM1012 $5.95EA.

AER-FBM2241 $9.95EA.

AER-FBM4032 $16.88EA.

SUM-230610 $39.95

I think that is it but not sure. The part number for the adapters has been changed to the one I listed just so you know if you looking for it again later and the hose I'm assuming you missed a 0 after the 3 because the number you listed said wasn't any good. Thanx for all the info I really appreciate it. Its helping me greatly.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry I didn't catch you up on time gotta please the COMMANDER  to take  to the malls... and they sure shop loooong :o  Anyway those are the parts you'll need I would suggest going to pepboys and get metric o-rings they come in a value pack for 5.99  it's in different sizes and well worth it so in addition to using teflon on the other thread add o-rings in it ...just like for the fuel adapters on ed's intake it does not hurt to add some extra sealing.

I didn't quite get your question on the oil return line?? is it the turbo oil return line or the oil cooler itself ?? ... if it's the latter well the part numbers i gave you covers the whole oil cooler line.

I was talking about the turbo oil return line not the oil cooler lines sorry about the confusion. I noticed you had a braided line and was wondering if you made it yourself from summit also. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanx again for the info.

Jeff

Ok they're kind of a pain in the A$$  >:( I biought a set of oil fittings from ebay and i remember it's Function 7 ,it's billet aluminum very high quality,my turbo came without any tapped thread on either holes so i needed it . The return flange came with 1/2 NPT thread and bought the 1/2 NPt pipe fitting at home depot, but that's not part of the problem.... it's probably different on every turbo but my space is so tight that i spent a lot of time adjusting the center housing so it will clear the header ! The 1/2 braided hose just goto pepboys they have it for 29.99 you might only need to use one of the fancy hose ends though coz it's just too tight on the turbo side. I was really looking for a prebent pipe that's already welded to the flange like our stock turbo,.. but it's quite difficult to find that.

I'll send you pics of it once I remove the header again for final fabrication.. the guy that sold me the header had clearance issues to the wastgate port and it will hit my downpipe.

Joe

PS: I'll also send you pics of my finished rad with hose connected it might help u if have not done so.

• 3 weeks later...

It's getting there slowly but surely,.. still waiting for Ed to send me he remaining parts (ECU)  :-/ but I still keep myself busy ironingout alot of kinks.

Check my link on 26liter.us   under Galleries and it's dated March 18th.

Joe

I got those exact same fans from summit they were useless I sent them back I was using them with a griffin radiator here in Miami they could not keep up---just look at the diameter of the wires on the fans and compare them to the oem fans that will give you an idea, the fans look beatiful but dont have the amperage to move alot of air tha our cars need, the original fans are high flow, they need to be replaced with something similar.......

you might have a point but can't really turnback now i'll test it once she starts up,.. i could sacrifice this for now,... i never got this from summit they're too expensive,.got this in ebay where i got the rad it's only 24.95 ea. Still got alot to try and test with this project.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey jozel

hey starionesir

wats the status,,,havent heard from ya

ive waited about as long as i can stand,,, cant take it no longer

please tell me your not waiting for items from ed still ,,,if you are is there a reason its takin so long

quikconq--- They have both started and run there cars, I,m sure they will update us soon. There are a quite few HURRICANES-4's out there, but it takes some time as most who buy the HURRICANE system are doing a lot of major work to there cars.

About half do not belong to the club, but I always try to get them to join.

The only thing they need from us is a adapter so the stock water temp gage will work. I have worked this out and will send to them shortly.

But the temp can be seen on the laptop.

Siance--- The price on the web site is without the pipes. We can make them, but it is easy to have done localy as most have different setup. Both jozel and starionesir have done a nice job with this. Also we will be haveing a GB for june I will post soon.

ED

hey ed thanx for update

im still interested in your system,,,,but havnt heard the concrete stuff i need to make my decision

im in no hurry ,,,,,,my car runs fine right now,,,,but im buying a header here in the next week then looking at an ignition,cam and a 20g and a decent clutch and flywheel

it may be six more months but i will have a mpi system

thanx bryen

I'm almost done quikconq I just am waiting for a couple fittings I ordered from jegs so I can hook up my fuel pressure guage. My car will be up and running probably tuesday of next week. I'll keep you updated as much as I can. Lately its been real busy at work and I have had a really bad sinus infection for like 3 weeks now. So I've been kind of out of it and haven't really felt like working on my car.