Distributorless Ignition Question

For those running distributorless ignition, can anyone tell me how you're running the stock tachometer(if anyone is)?  I have a clean tach output from my DIS module, I guess I'll track down the tach wire and see if that drives it, but if anyone has any insight, please share!  Thanks in advance!

Can you tell me where to find the tach input wire under the hood?  It hooked to the coil, so I know generally where it is, but is there an easy way to identify it?  The wiring diagram says its white/black.  What does the connector look like?  Did you wire it directly to your ECU's SDS tach output?  Thanks.

this thing has pissed me off too. i cant get it to work. mine works half the time and its jerky.

the strange thing is, when i signal, either left or right, for the 1/2 second that the signal is on, the tach works. when its off, it doesn't.

there are two wires for the negative that go to the factory coil that the tach uses. if i connect them both, or either one, it makes no difference. also tried it with the resistor on and off. same thing.

And tried the 8920 distributorless tach adapter from MSD and that didn't work either.

there is one thing I am going to try before giving up and getting a small tach and mounting it on the side of the intrument panel.

Joel in this post mentioned that he got his to work with a custom circuit. he sent me the picture of it. here it is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~antimpower/imag...ach_circuit.jpg

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1051828297

i am also setting up the shift light from the TEC unit to go to a small LED and a buzzer so that i don't have keep my eye on it while racing.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
eric, did you try the CTO or the diagnostic line (can't remember the signal name..) before trying the circuit on the EDIS?  I know the PIP line causes a jerky tach, but was thinking about trying the other module signals before going the zener route.