Getting rid of ALL the orange glow?

ZeroTheHero

I have read several post about getting rid of that awful orange glow.  The group purchase of the custom gauges is right on.  But, are there any ideas floating around for getting rid of the orange climate control.  I'm just looking for ideas, any would be appreciated.

- Josh

89 Conquest TSi

i'd like to know if that can be done as well. one way would be to eliminate it and put gauges there. that's probably what i'll do because my car no longer has a heater or A/C so... but i'd like to have a dual gauge piller and there's only 2 guages i'd need. so that's the reason i'd like to know if it can be done.

While I like speed, I also like to be comfortable.  I could live without AC, would prefer not to, I need heat.  It's my daily driver.  I really want to keep it, but the orange has to go.  Are there any other cars that might have a similar climate control only blue or green?  Does anyone have a donor climate control I could experiment with, working or not?

- Josh

89 Conquest TSi

It's been done. Dig around in this section or do a search and you'll find it. Someone had pictures of their AV panel lit up in blue or green. The lettering and outline of the buttons were still orange though so it looked a bit weird IMO.

Where did you get that picture from?  Are you saying that I can change the display color on my 89 control or the color of the button overlays.  How?  I am really looking to change the the digital display more than the button lights.  Look, sorry for the stupid newbie questions but could you be more specific?  I am really looking for a how-to.

• 2 weeks later...

Rid the orange?!?!  God, that's the best part of the car at nigt!  I love it...and like most aspects of our cars, trying to make it "modern" (like blue lights on dash) makes it look just plain bad.

But then again, do whatever i guess

• 2 weeks later...