almost time 2 program tec. need help. heefner?

ok i am almost ready to program my Tec2     i am gonna use the tuning wizard just to get it driveable.  but i need to know some baseline numbers that it calls for   like      

TPS voltage at WOT

Brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC)

estimated brake HP

i think thats it

here is some info on my car

eip cannon with 44lb inj., 500hp fuel pump, paxton RRFPR that i have yet to figure out how to adjust. 2 bar map sensor, i am going to run 15 psi, 16G turbo, 75mm TB, i think that is everything u guys need to know but let me know if theres anything else. oh and by the way  my cam is stock

thanx   any input is appreciated and studied!

Lewie

To get the TPS voltage at WOT just turn the key on and open the throttle maximally while monitoring engine functions.  You can read the idle and WOT TPS voltage off of either the analog or digital engine monitor screens.  Also, I think the BSFC for a turbocharged engine is about 0.60.  I have to admit though, I never used the tuning Wizard.  Once you have a timing curve, it only takes two numbers (TOG and IOT) to get the car running.  I started of with the maximum allowable TOG, based on the time between engine revolutions (which is basically the inverse of maximum RPM expressed in msec/revolution).  Then, the car should start and you may have to adjust the IOT to get the idle and low speed mixture where you want it.  Then, once you're satisfied with those two numbers you go on to fill in the VE table.  However, in my experience with a good intake manifold (injector placement is key) and good injectors only a properly set TOG and IOT are necessary to make the car driveable.  VE corrections, followed by acceleration enrichments allow for fine tuning.  Hope that helps.

Later,

Mario.

• 3 months later...
looks like you guys are the only ones on the board using a TEC II. the way things are looking right now, I am going to buy my friends car in a month which is running a TEC II also.

Do you have any experience with Electromotive stuff?  I'm planning on messing with it in the next month or so when I throw on the new turbo and replace the t-body.  I'm taking it to Bill and hopefully between the 2 of us we can get some good results.

i personally dont know much. i just helped him with the wiring and general installation. my friend who ownes the car knows quite a bit. when i get the car form him, i will have him show me the tricks.

• 5 months later...

have any of you guys converted your TECII to use the WINTEC II software? I was just talking to them its $200 for the E-PROM that just replaces the one in there.

from what i hear, its a lot easier to tune than before. I think I will order mine next week.

they also have a tradein program for the TECII, they give up to $750 credit toward a TECIII which costs around $2500. what a joke. all they did was seperate the coilpacks from the computer and woalla, TECIII. mofos.

I uprgraded last spring to the Win Tec II. I was talking with Peter Farrell last year at an MIR event and he hooked me up with one of the programers from Electromotive.  I got the EProm and software for $100 that day at the track. (you can download the software off thier site to see what it looks like)  Its more of a windows and less of a DOS format. I never did much with the old programs and honestly, I've only dabbled in the Win Tec stuff but it looks alot nicer and seems relatively user friendly.  As for the $2500 price tag for Win Tec III, they can keep it.  There are more features other than remote coil packs but nothing to warrant spending $2500 on.