Custom Air Dam

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back in the early 90s there was a company in europe (i believe) that made a custom air dam that looked outrageous. wish i could find it now, anyone have any info on them? if the mold still exsists it would be possible to do a GP. it looked similar to the custom 930 porshe front end. really nice and about 450 if i remember right.

im susposed to get a air dam today and was looking for someone to draw a few designs so i can mold this stock one into a new design..

maybe post some pics of ones already created that you think would look good on the conquest and ill see what i can do

What are you looking for by more aggressive? Give me a good visual description and a week or two to get it drawn up. I'm working on what I plan on doing now for custom skirts on my 86.

Chris

well same amount of open spots, maby change those square ones into round ones so if someone wanted they could put round lights down there.. i want it to come down straight instead of slanting back, *maybe do both designs to see what looks better* bottom of the ground effect dishes out further then the air dam its self.

extend the width and height of the slant to the hole for the IC to help drive more air into it ..

id like to see the bumper molded into the air dam because thats what im trying to do.. take both and change the bumper to be a newer look and round into the air dam

I will search the web and see what i find, i am actually surprized no one on this site has seen the custom front end. i saw it at a tire mod shop in minneapolis when i had my first conquest flat body and again when i first got my 87. it was one of the custom part shops of which there are many today with wings and custom front ends for 'hondas' ugh

A while back, there was a white Quest on Ebay that had a custom front air dam. I've never seen another one like it. I think it looks better than OEM. I'll post the picture on Gary's 2.6 liter website, then I'll post it here. It will take a day or two.

Josh

The owner claimed it is an older Subaru WRX spoiler, if I remember right.

Someone also said it looked like a Miata spoiler.

- Paul

yeah i seen him link to another forum for that flatty to a wide body post and then tried looking around for other info or post to read and found that site with them pics

i realy like that r34 bumper on that wide body.

im thinking something like that only just a few mods to it for the one im trying to do

the body kit on the stazzaline is similar to the one i saw 7-8 yrs ago  because i remember it replaced the bumper and dropped almost straight down from the leading edge. iwas wondering what other kits might fit ours , sheck out the kits available for the newer 300zx on stillen.com for one. i am looking for a hoop scoop that is a little more aggressive than the 83 hood and a classy way to put in header vents - there are some nice ones available for the zx.

i also wonder if buddyclub2.com might make us a cf hood, and or header panel

jeff

there is a post in theis forum somewhere, i think chubaccatsi,  his friend was making a custom bumper and there were some pics.  i dont like that white one.  you gotta keep it kinda boxy to match the lines

dont they make body kits for 944's?

well it will still be boxy but thats how i want the front to be level with the bumper

and maybe somewhat of the same openings in the front..

anyone else have pics of things they think might look good or ones that can be moded to be a bit boxy but still would look good