Romans 1990 Starion!!!!

Funky Phil

ok i know this is off the subject but i gotta know since the overseas starquests had 2.0L's in them and from what ive heard (but then again its just what ive heard) that that engine is a 4G63 with a differant head but i wanna know what transmission they used and were can i get one????

Well, aparently the UK SQ's had the 2.6 as well as all the U.S. versions.   The 2.0l 4G63 came in the japan models, austrailian models and probably somewhere else.  This particular 4G63 is not the one from the DSM's.  This one is a SOHC.  As far as trannies, I have no idea.

John

I will get with roman on that for the info. He used to run alot of 2liters.

Justpaus: If you go to the website that magazine article is up now.

www.geocities.com/my88starion

Did I miss something?  Who was the magazine article for?  Did I ask for it?  I just don't remember.

That is one pissed off flatsider though.  0-62 in 4.9sec. and 0-100 in 11.4sec.

The article is interesting, to say the least.  It seems that they used the Magna engine, not just the MPI, but the whole engine. I thought there was a few reasons why this couldn't happen?

It says the 82 flatsider makes 250RWHP at 4000RPM's. With a T3/T4 at 20psi?

Pretty good stuff.  I thought the magazine article was one for a 90.

John

• 1 month later...

Alright, there was a 90 starquest fellas.  Just because you heard they didnt make anything over 89 doesnt mean there wasnt a 90.  90's are all labelled as 89's thats why you never hear about a 90 starquest.  If you look through alot of these posts you will find some people talking about 90 starquests.

Dont be so harsh with the year.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, there was a 90 starquest fellas.  Just because you heard they didnt make anything over 89 doesnt mean there wasnt a 90.  90's are all labelled as 89's thats why you never hear about a 90 starquest.  If you look through alot of these posts you will find some people talking about 90 starquests.

Why would a car maker come out with a 90 and mark it an 89??  That makes no sense just by logic.  If I bought a 2003, well anything, and it said 2002 on it I would be pist!  That's just my opinion anyway.....

• 3 weeks later...
look on the door jam of your 2003, it was produced the year prior in most cases.  we all know there are 89's, no one will contest that.  the 3kgt's didnt come about until 1991.  i think they had a bunch of 89s left over in the factory.  anything ive ever heard about 90 starions is that they were all produced mid 89, and all red.  well romans was white before the paint, maybe red before white who knows.  I dont believe there was truely a different model year but I do believe that some dealerships sold 90 starions because of the 3000gt not getting off the ground.  most companies have left overs that they sell off late year when they know a new model is coming out and I think mitsu left themselves short on this one.  again i have no proof but it makes sense

shift is right. Companies always release the new models late in the previous year. Just watch tv. Every car company is advertising their new 2004 models for sale and it still 2003. Thats its always been. But I did ask him about the door jams and stuff but its no good because they removed all of that stuff prior to the paint jub.

There is no Starquest produced from 11/89 on...period. The factory was prepped for conversion beyond this date and a family member of mine worked for Chrysler from 78-96. Any car being sold as a 90 or above still has the 89' prod date...

Lets get back to why it was posted in the first place, Phinko put it in the Body and interior mods to show off what the "90'" starion had.  And I don't want to sound mean or anything but what is so cool about it???  The shaved door handles are pretty cool but that was about it, he is even missing paint on the front of his car.  I'm probably going to catch some hate posts after this, but is anyone else with me in saying that his body and interior mods were not that cool?  Just my opinion.  I want to see some really cool $h!t like a gullwing or I dunno a starion that could transform or something (I'm just kidding, well not about the gullwing).

Thank you for getting back on subject. And yes he is missing paint up front. but thats do to him replacing it with this airdam http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1048846858

I also think that those wheels are bomb! I also thought you all might like the closeups of a british starion. And if you dont like Ive got a bottle of Jiff peanut butter for you (read signature) lol

• 1 month later...

Any car built after june in any given year will be sold as the following model year. My Grand Am GT is an 01 but it was built in oct 00. All my build stickers on the quest are gone, so not sure when it was built. It was forst registered from the dealership on 9-18-89 with 48 miles.

The rules of year dating may change when a car is first being introduced or changed drasticly. Thats why you have cars like the 85 1/2 starion.

not sure how the rules change for the end of a production run. Maybe they can make them past june to finish using up the parts and still call it that year. as quest925 stated they made them thru 11/89 but they were sold as 89s. seems to me all the cars made between 7-89 and 11-89 would have been considered 90s. Maybe thats where land rocket gets his 500 1990s production numbers.

Dude, calm down! I am speculating on all the info that everyone has posted including yours. I am trying to figure out what all the possibilities are. I would love to think that there were 1990 Starions or Quests, weather it was in the US or not. I think it would be pretty cool.

Others have stated there were 90s in other countries. If so that is cool. I would love to see it.

I'm not trying to throw rocks at anyone. Hell, I don't even know what side to pick. I don't know if they made 90s or not. Sorry if you took what I said the wrong way ::)