83 Fiber Hoods Update

Gary

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad that were dealing with experienced people who have a Proven design on a proven MOLD and cheaper prices . great combination , I have been getting a lot of flak from the so called competition . Im considering making a road trip . BUY FnF's hood he has the cabbage to back up his claims.

Oh btw I'll be heading to Austin, Texas for work in about 1 month to a month in half.  Anyone in that area that may want a hood or San Antonio/Houston people that want to meet me there have an opportunity to forget about shipping costs.

The Cowl has arrived with a 2 1/4 inch rise for the functional design.  I have taken it to the molder already,  I'm expecting pics from the first layup this weekend, it looks pretty damn sharp  :D.  A few of those on the board have seen preliminary pics already, maybe they can elaborate.

The cowl hood will not let you down. the mock up is just what we have expected the rise is 2- 2 1/2 and is not overdone. I will let the product do the talking . I am glad for the Starquest community that we have finally a product getting put together by "stable" people who have the cabbage to back up the claims. Wait on this one Im told it wont be long and they will be a real option . Thanks for all your  patience, theres been a lot of hooey lately , and I am happy to se this coming to a reality .

I have seen a preliminary pic and it is everything I want in a cowl hood. A clean rise that is not out of character with the rest of the car's lines. I didn't realize this was progressing along as fast as it is but I am glad and can't wait to get my hands on a production hood. I think most everyone will be pleased with the look and feel of this piece.

CJ

I concur with scotty and cj.  Prellim pics look great.  The hood is a nice working desing that will benifit looks as well as performance.   I can't wait to see the finished product.

Should be very close or done, with the baby stuff I have not had a chance to talk to the molder.

Im not sure which I want, the cowl or the 83 repro. I am kinda waiting for some shots of the cowl.

Probably will just be best to glass it in.  The molder was over today - we where verifying some clearances - could be as soon as 3 days from now but I'm not going to hold him to it or rush him, its going to be very much worth the wait.