Turbo log headers group buy?

typert

Hi I am new here but have been making turbo manifolds for other cars for several years now.

I would like to know how much interest there is in Exhaust headers for the 2.6l (have 2.0l flanges too)

These would be mild steel, w/3/8" flanges, fully tig welded by a certified welder. and have a shot-peened finish, shot peening increases the overall strength of the manifold and aids in crack resistance.

Stainless could be done but at a +$100 premium. Flat black ceramic coating is available for $80 if i get at least 5 people interested.

I have every turbo flange available. T4 , T3, Stock flange,  whatever. These can be externally gated at no extra cost. Since I don't know much about the market for your cars Please let me know what you thinnk a fair price is for a group buy  and I will see what I can do!

Check out http://www.turboflanges.com  for a picture of our work on the front page.  Don't contact the owner of the web page about this buy as he is the welder.

I am in Dayton,  OH.  

email is Vintagegtrs@yahoo.com

Ebay ID is "boostedneon"

If you need any more contact info please email me.

Since I am new I don't have any problem with making these individualy and putting up an ebay auction. I have excellent feedback and over 400 succesful verified sales on paypal.

here is a current ebay auction - since the 2.6l is a new project for me so the manifolds may run slightly more than the one in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...B%3ALC%3AMT%3A1

Thank you!

Ted

wow....that looks nice .....how long till you think you can have one built for the quest... and will they put the turbo in the stock location?

I will start building them right away if I have enough interest. I cannot gaurentee exhact fit in the stock location without a stock manifold(which I haven't been able to find) but it will be close. It is possible to make a larger than stock downpipe too to tie in the external wastegate. It would likely just be a short section not a complete bolt to stock.

Maybe you can do a promo.......first 5 for like $250.00.....but charge the buyers a user feedback fee (you decide). If the buyers provide the before and after dyno sheet...all they pay is $250.00...if not than you just charge them your full price. That way everybody will see the net results and your product will sell if there is improvements.

Just a thought.... ;)

Maybe you can do a promo.......first 5 for like $250.00.....but charge the buyers a user feedback fee (you decide). If the buyers provide the before and after dyno sheet...all they pay is $250.00...if not than you just charge them your full price. That way everybody will see the net results and your product will sell if there is improvements.

Just a thought.... ;)

I might do that I was thinking $275 to $300 but That might work - I think the main purpose is to allow you to use different turbochargers that are cheaper or more redily available. Like T4's or T3/T4 etc.

But i am open to whatever....

Lets say the first 5 for $250 or $275 with an external gate.

hey this sounds great but i would want an int waste gate  to kept that   CLEAN LOOK, and there is not that much room on that side of the eng . o it could be done but its hard enough to change oil now without  adding more pluming ;D

michael

YES, I'm interested. It seems like I've been waiting forever for someone to offer these. I need a T3 flange in the stock location (or as close as possible) and no external gate.

I can offer you detailed pictures or dimensions of a stock manifold if that helps at all....

I will start building them right away if I have enough interest. I cannot gaurentee exhact fit in the stock location without a stock manifold(which I haven't been able to find) but it will be close. It is possible to make a larger than stock downpipe too to tie in the external wastegate. It would likely just be a short section not a complete bolt to stock.

I can let you borrow my spare exhaust manifold if you need it.  That way it will fit in the stock location.  A lot of the members here would probably like to have it in the stock location.  Let me know if you need it.

The problem with the stock location is it is difficult to come up with good flow characteristics. You don't want to end up with a log style header. Shawn's header appears to have somewhat been able to accomplish this, but it requires a much more complex tube design which, I assume, increases the cost and possibly the reliability.

The SPF header is a smiple design that works well, except I feel the tube ID is too small. SPF runs their external wastegate down low and out of the way. By the way, if you ever feel you will run more than 16-18psi or so, an external wastegate is the only way to go.  Zero boost spikes.

I would like to see a design similar to SPF with slightly larger tubes.

Thanks,

Dave

The problem with the stock location is it is difficult to come up with good flow characteristics. You don't want to end up with a log style header. Shawn's header appears to have somewhat been able to accomplish this, but it requires a much more complex tube design which, I assume, increases the cost and possibly the reliability.

The SPF header is a smiple design that works well, except I feel the tube ID is too small. SPF runs their external wastegate down low and out of the way. By the way, if you ever feel you will run more than 16-18psi or so, an external wastegate is the only way to go.  Zero boost spikes.

Thanks,

Dave

I sent you a PM...I can't do anything other than a log manifold for the price i offered. I need to see some pictures of the other ones to deceide how much extra we are talking.

I would like to at least have someone send me a stock manifold  - or I would buy one for a nominal fee.

Let me know what you have  - and if anyone lives in the Columbus/Dayton/Cinci Area I wouldn't mind haveing a car to base the design on. We could give you a header!

Thanks!

You can use one of my spare manifolds.  Got 2 or 3 laying out in the barn back home in Eaton, OH.  I'll be back home next week and will be making at least one trip over towards the Dayton Mall.  So I can meet up with you somewhere with a manifold for you to borrow.  I'll also be in my Conquest, so I won't be hard to spot either ;D

PM me or email me at dcvenable@gmail.com

Derek

You can use one of my spare manifolds.  Got 2 or 3 laying out in the barn back home in Eaton, OH.  I'll be back home next week and will be making at least one trip over towards the Dayton Mall.  So I can meet up with you somewhere with a manifold for you to borrow.  I'll also be in my Conquest, so I won't be hard to spot either ;D

PM me or email me at dcvenable@gmail.com

Derek

cool that would work out great! I thought someone had to be close. I actualy live like 2 minutes away from the Dayton Mall!  in Miamisburg.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok I see where you are comming from.  Well someone could always make a adapter for the Exhaust side of the turbo to get it back to the stock position.  You know something like a small piece of exhaust that goes from the back of the turbo to the downpipe.  

I would encourage you to make them more affordable to satisfy all of us rather then a few of us and not make them $25 more just because they are new.  $50 made up on volume is going to be more profitable for you anyway and you can always increase prices after you progress into a 2nd generation of the product.  You should have a downpipe that goes with the manifold to use the stock turbo-for one because if you don't there will be someone that will and you might as well make the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as the other bent tubing salemen.  I think that if you provided a header and downpipe and it sold for say $350 you would make ALLOT of people happy and allot of profit.  All that downpipe takes is a ubend and a flex and those could even be sold with 2 clamps.   I think you can provide us with something that will be beneficial too both us and you if you are willing and able.  

• 2 weeks later...
typert, with that in mind I should also have a factory pre-cat/downpipe laying around if you plan on making any downpipes. ;)

Derek

Well, Derek dropped off the stock manifold today  - I forgot about the downpipe >:( - but anyway after looking the schedule over for the next few months, at this time, i am only going to be able to do the log headers.

I will make them with or without an external wastegate flange. with the option of a stock flange, T3, or T4 flange.

The price is going to be $300 that will be tig welded by a certified welder shot-peened. If you need a downpipe. I have all of the ubends you would want, flex pipes, flanges for any turbo, o2 bungs and about anything else you would need to make your own so let me know and I will get to work!

Derek saw the quality of the manifolds we make so you can cunsult with him about quality.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just ordered one of these and will report on how it works out with my T70 turbo and 38mm external gate. Will take loads of pictures too so you all can see!

I may get him to make me another one for a backup just in case if the craftmenship is as nice as his few pics show it to be. :) Can't beat it since it is Shot Peened also!

Jared

859-22-9551