move seat back? please help

Serge

Hi

Is there a way to move the driver's seat back a few inches?  I don't have enough space to work the clutch pedal properly.  It doesn’t matter if this makes the seat higher/stops it from folding/whatever.  Please help.  Thanks.

-Serge

yes it would take some work

you could easily get a couple of inches by doing it sone as i get the money to buy another quest i will be doing it

when you look at what is all in the way down there you see that there is a little lump in the floorthat will keep it from sliding all the way back but you should be able to get 2 inches out of the mod but 2 inches makes a great deal of room

now what i want is the seat to sit a little lower which is a lot harder mod.

problely go whith some aftermarket seats.

i was either going to cut out the seat mounting points from the unibody and re-weld them further back or just weld in some box tubing a few inches back from the stock mointing points and bolt the seat to that.

That little box on the floor in the way is the lower seatbelt mechanism.  Find a way to remount it underneath the back seat or on the lower sidewall where that fabric is right behind the door, and you may be able to move the seat back.

I'm sure the mouting rails on the floor are at their limits already so unbolting those and remounting farther back would be the way to go.  Gotta move those belt boxes, pull back the carpet and possibly even weld those rails in place though.  Would take some work.

I'm only 5'11" and I have it all the way back at all times.  I feel for you bigger guys.  

Give it a try on a junker car and see what you can do.  Definately worth it if it works.

Good luck,

-Matt