Valve Cover Powdercoating GP !

steelwindmachine

Pricing is for powder coating Starion/Conquest Valve Covers ONLY.

For colors: Almost Chrome, High Gloss Black, Silver Vein, Anodized Red, Black

Metal Flake, Satin Black, Gloss Black, Semi-Gloss Black, Argent Silver, Red,

Blue.

Qty - Price

$60 for 1-10

$50 for 10-15

$45 for 15+

All payments must be made in full in advance. Turn around time at maximum is 2

weeks. All valve covers will need to be shipping to the following address:

Dan Goldstein

127 Albatross Avenue

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Phone: 609.384.4756

No cores are available.

All valve covers will be stripped of any existing paint, bead blasted, any

impurieties baked out, re-bead blasted, thoroughly washed, then powder coated.

All return shipments will be through the USPS.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal (copper_trace@yahoo.com), Money Order,

Cashier's check, Cash (if in person).

Shipping charges: $6/valve cover

For any more info feel free to contact me via email or phone:

copper_trace@yahoo.com  609.384.4756

FYI-

clearcoating a valve cover, let alone any engine part that sits under the hood and is exposed to constant heat is a poor idea. a reputable powder coating shop SHOULD tell you that outright. i understand why some shops wouldnt...because it means less money for them...but the clear coat will "yellow" with time and heat.

ive seen it. thats why my current valve cover for my other car is NOT clear coated. after 4 years of daily driver and road racing track use it is STILL perfectly clean.

just my $0.02

Yanos, I appreciate the forwarning, but unfortunately after me powdercoating for 2 years everything from sheet-aluminum intakes for 9-second race cars to valve covers and front timing covers for daily driven cars, rims and all kinds of things in between I have NEVER had ONE complaint about discoloration. One of those intakes went to Ken Duttweiler for Reggy West's 9-Second Turbo Buick, that was months ago, and it still looks good.

I don't recommend powdercoat on the following:

1. engine Blocks

2. transmission cases

3. brake calipers

4. turbo heat shields

5. exhaust headers

6. intercoolers

7. radiators

The powdercoat is a rather thick coating. It actually acts as a insulator in a component that should be radiating or reflecting heat. Under extreme ambient heat, about 400*-500*F it can discolor and peel. However, if your oil or coolant is creating ambient heat in the engine bay that is at 400*-500* your engine is dead anyway.

The heat a turbo and exhaust header radiates isn't enough to discolor the powder coat on a valve cover in these cars.

In an engine bay, whether the car is in traffic or driving along on the road, the ambient heat in an engine bay is not constant. There is either air circulating from the fan(s) or incoming air through the radiator and from under the car.

The clear powdercoat we will use if you want to maintain the as-cast look of a part, or as a top-coat to add a deeper gloss and protection to a part.

I'm sorry that your particular experience resulted in discoloration, and/or anyone else you know who has experienced the same problem. However, when the powdercoat process is done properly, and applied to parts that will not face 400*-500*F of ambient heat, then they will last a very long time and look good doing so.

No I'm with Yanos,

I've seen clear coat powder coating yellow it is running joke w/ those who know.

Maybe with other darker colors as a clear  top coat it is not as noticable but with aluminum or lighter colors it yellows.. I have never seen it yellow on rims but in the engine bay forget it.

Even if you guarantee it not to yellow I wouldn't buy it.

A plain black powder coated valve cover doesn't sound too bad though.

I haven't priced it localy but I compare your prices for a valve cover.

• 2 months later...