Wiseco piston/rings GP - 420 shipped CLOSED

Conquest

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I am going to have to skip out on this GP. NOT because of the piston to wall clearance or anything i'm not happy with, I just think that a Manga Multi Port Intake is more important now, I'm sure someone will get this GP going again down the road and I'm not sure whether i'm going to build my motor or not. Thanks for putting this together Conquest, sorry i have to reduce the numbers. Glenn

Here is the current list:

Oscar_the_Grouch                 1 set .040 over at 8:1       PAID via money order

89tsi20g                                    1 set .040 over at 8.5:1       PAID via money order

DOOMID                               1 set .040 over at 8.1:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI   1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

tad                                                                                 1 set of .040 over at 8:1

How does everyone else plan on paying and who on this list still is in?

tad--I will send you PM about Paypal.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

Oscar_the_Grouch                 1 set .040 over at 8:1       PAID via money order

89tsi20g                                    1 set .040 over at 8.5:1       PAID via money order

DOOMID                                  1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

BORICUAQUEST87TSI           1 set .040 over at 8.5:1

tad                                                       1 set of .040 over at 8:1   PAID via Paypal

We just need 2 more to pay for the order to go in. I will give 2 more days before payment, but please remember that others are waiting on the order to be placed and to get their pistons/rings.

It is $420 shipped for the pistons/rings and I can take money order/cashier's check to:

Respected Performance

ATTN: Jim Daley

661 Gulliver Ave.

Deltona, FL 32738

Let me know if you would rather pay via Paypal and we can arrange something.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on a concrete reply from my piston guy. He was on vacation and just got back last week. I have the piston for him to copy and will let you know VERY soon on the actual time before they are at your door.

Thanks

Jim

DOOMID                                  1 set .040 over at 8.5:1     PAID via Paypal

BORICUAQUEST87TSI           1 set .040 over at 8.5:1    

tad                                                       1 set of .040 over at 8:1   PAID via Paypal

For any that haven't paid:

It is $420 shipped for the pistons/rings and I can take money order/cashier's check to:

Respected Performance

ATTN: Jim Daley

661 Gulliver Ave.

Deltona, FL 32738

Let me know if you would rather pay via Paypal and we can arrange something.

For those that have paid: I will let you know when an exact date is set for them be at your door.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone an update. All is squared away, but what we thought was going to be about 3 weeks before has changed. I just found today that it would be about a month for the custom-made pistons. Hope this doesn't hurt anyone.

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with the Wiseco contact today and he said that due to the irregular 91.2 mm bore size of these pistons, he would go with .032 over or .052 over which would bring the bore size to 92 mm or 92.5 mm.

He said that the .040 over would be very hard for him to find rings for.

I assume that everyone would prefer .032 over instead of .052, but please let me know for sure by tomorrow so he can get these pistons finished. Please call me at 386-848-5192 and let me know!

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

OK. Thank you to everyone for the responses to this. I will keep you all updated.

89tsi20g                  .032    

tad                          .052

Oscar_the_Grouch   .032 

DOOMID                   .032

Thanks

Jim

Respected Performance

• 2 weeks later...

I am working with some gurus on this board and Wiseco to get a TRUE 8:1 and 8.5:1 since Wiseco seems to have had some incorrect specs from our cars, which I let them know and they will be changing.

Right now, Wiseco said that the 8:1 will be easy, but that 8.5:1 may require the block to be decked some because he thinks the most CR he can attain without valve crashing, is 8.35:1

We are still working a way around this.  ;D

Does anyone plan on decking their block or has their block been decked?

Does anyone have any aftermarket cams and, if so, what is the lift?

It is coming along, though!  ;)

Thanks

Jim