CARBON FIBER HOODS

newbie4bt

WELL I JUST READ THE OLD THREAD ON THIS, AND IVE CONTACTED DG MOTORSPORTS HERE IN SAN DIEGO I CAN GET THIS GOING NOW IF ANYONES INTERERESTED,THE PRICE FOR 10 IS 595.00 PLUS SHIPPING IF WE CAN GET 25 PEOPLE INTERESTED ITS 520.00 WITHOUT SHIPPING SO DO WE WANT TO DO THIS?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complete front end for protege that weighs 25lbs. AMAZING :o

I recomend if we do start this gp that you create another thread called "final carbin fiber hood gp list" BTW 520+shipping is very good compared to their other prices-

See if they'll make us some carbon 89 airdams as well-

I'm likely in for one hood, but want to know the style before committing to this GP.  Will it be 83 style with the front scoop and two side vents, 83 style with just the front scoop, 84+ style or other?  If the hood has a scoop/vents, will it be functional or non-functional (like the non-functional 83 style)?

Thanks!

sorry i meant 83 hood !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I understand the hood will be modeled after the 83 style hood... with the exception of a functional scoop.  My question is, will it also have non-functional side vents like the OEM 83 style hood or non-functional 'pockets' like the fiberglass 83 style hood?  If the side vents will be modeled like the pockets on the fiberglass hoods, why not delete that styling cue altogether since it serves absolutely no purpose and does not resemble the OEM side vent.  I would prefer a cleaner look with functional hood scoop only.

Edit:

Check out ebay item #1876336860 to see pics of the 83 fiberglass hood's non-functional pockets that I'm referring to above.

im meeting with the owner tommorow so ill have more info then as far as the hood its gonna be 83 style  just in c/f as far as moving the hood scoop back and adding or removing things i dont think its gonna happen but i do appreciate all the comments so how many people are in right now for sures?