Turn Signals?

stayhi420

Aloha Everyone! :D  A friend of mine used to have a black 87 that had some things done to it.  One of the things I liked about it was the turn signals.  The previous owner had got the rear corner lights to flash instead of the "T", but the "T" portion would still flash under braking.  I know that some of the australlian cars had the corners amber for the turn signals.  I was wondering if you could either install the harness off one of these cars on to a US model, or maybe rig something up so that this would work.  Another friend and I were talking and thought maybe we could rig up relays from the front turn signals to the rear corners then rig relays from the third brake light to the main brake lights.  I also wanted to try to rig up the front side markers as turn signals but am not sure if that is legal here.  I wanted to do this more for safety than asthetics.  Sometimes you get into situations on the freeway when you are merging into another lane and the guy in the lane over wants to merge into the same lane you are going for and they may or may not be able to see your turn signal.  Of course you can just punch the gas and leave the guy so far back he would not no what happened. :D  But I like letting people know where I am planning on going and vise versa, it just makes it safer for all of us.  ;)  Sorry for the long winded post.  If you have any information or comments please reply!  Thank you all in advance! :D

Yeah, weve been talking about this on the earlier post about foglights and I believe a couple of people are working on this also.  It wont be as simple as swaping harnesses as the brakes and blinker are the same and use the same wire.

I was thinking about it and if we also used relays from the front running lights (between the stock fogs and the front turn signal) we could get the rear "T" portion to stay lit as the running lights.  You would not have the original wires there anymore, so the turn and brake would not light the "T" but the "T" would just illuminate for your running lights when your headlights are on.  Then for your rear turn signals, you would run relays from the front turn signals.  For your brakes you would run relays from the third brake light to the "T" section.  Not sure if this will work or not, if any of you have any ideas or comments please let me know.

decoy654, the US spec rear tail lights illuminate the two middle bulbs for our turn signals, which when lit, look sort of like a "T".  And the portion where your turn signals are; we have running lights, they dont do anything they just illuminate with the head lights on.  I would like the same setup as yours, turn signals on the sides and the brakes in the middle.

• 2 months later...