Headlight Conversion (pic)

decoy654

Oh I sooo want those!   You must make more and sell.  I'd give $150 or so for those, maybe a little more (depending on what the cost for parts is, I'm guessing around 50-75USD).  There is some SERIOUS interest in those.

Hey guys, mquester got it right, it's my JA starion and i got the influence from Tokyo highway battle 2 on DC... I had a 180sx in the game and switched the lights to that one and it just looked sooo much better so i had to see what it would look like on my car... 88ESI-R is right about the photoshop, also quickly drew in what my front kit might look like when it's on and how my cooler wouild look mounted on an angle... AuxiliaryTwin, i tried to make it look like there was a clear sheild on top and reckon it is the way to go. Sorry if i mislead anyone, it wasn't meant to be a trick or anything. I've been reading the conversion post and everyone is really interested (including me!) so hopefully this is good enough for someone to base a real version on.

-Matt

well, if everyone can wait until i get my car running i plan on making these lights, pretty much the same as is pictured, but a little different on the lights.

material costs won't be too high just for the housings, but the lights will be the expensive part.  i've been looking into several options because of the size of the housing.  i'll of course let everyone know when i get a prototype made, it's a few months down the line but it will happen.

Hey Quest4Power, I notice you have a Miata, and I assume you are familiar with the Mid-Tenn flush mount headlight conversion for the M1.  I think we could do something very similar to that with the only difficult thing being the clear sheild having the bend in it.  What do you think about that?

well, that's the plan.  i plan to go a little nicer than the midtenn lights and do an actual sealed housing, made of fiberglass.  the hardest part is bending the lexan, but i know the process, it just takes some patience.  i also have a friend who's dad works for a company that produces lexan/plexi in all thicknesses that you could imagine.  unfortunately, i can't justify making these for a car that doesn't run yet, so i'm not even gonna touch it until the car is moving.  but after that it shouldn't take me long.

• 2 weeks later...