Porsche 924GTS Style Header Panel

Guest Paul87Quest

Guest Paul87Quest

I am modifying a header panel to look like same panel on 924 turbos or 924GTS's. I figure it should bring in some more air....I still have some finish grinding to do as well as fit the actual 924 turbo grills into each location. I figure since our cars look very similar to the 944, that this mod may look good. :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/i_8praisit/vwp?.dir=/My+Photo+Album&.src=ph&.dnm=headerpanel.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3A//photos.yahoo.com/bc/i_8praisit/lst%3F%26.dir=/My%2BPhoto%2BAlbum%26.src=ph%26.view=t

See here is what the Porche looks like:

So what do you think? Will it look good?

It looks sw-e-e-t on the Porsche. i'm curious to see it on the C/S. Keep us posted and don't forget to post a picture when you're done.

Peace,

Frank III

Blue1989TSi

;D

Guest Paul87Quest

I'm not so sure how it will look nextto my 83 hood...the car may look too ricey with all the scoops/ducts...so when its all done if I really like it I may just sell the 83 hood .....You can't see in the Porsche pic, but there are plastic vents that go in those opening that make it look cleaner(which I have). I have seen a couple of other Starquests that had there panels cut out and didn't like the shape of the cut openings or the material used to cover the holes...kinda looked too home made.

Not sure what is the deal with the hood misaligned on that Porsche!

Now too difficult so far...just a reciprocating saw with fine tooth blade for cutting metal, and a grinding stone attachment for the drill.

Guest Paul87Quest

Here's a pic of my last Conquest which I traded in in 94...I had put that exact same hood scoop from the Porsche on it.....

Thought it might be  interesting....and yes it opened into the engine compartment, and no, there were not any problems to do with rain.

Dang F&F, take it easy, you're not talking to BV(Steve) here!!!  :P

I'll send Steve your regards tho.  ;)

Ya Steve has been kind of quiet, In Fact the RPTSI this past saturday the 16th was suppose to run in the 12's and we made a bet about it.  Going to have to Post about it and see if it really hit the "12's".....

Were you at the meet? JB posted on the old board about it, and he said that Steve, "made him proud to be an American," because he was only one of two guys to race some 9 sec cars.  ::)

Have you actually seen RPTSi yet? I heard that the current owner can't hook it up because of all the torque, so I doubt he'd be able to run 12's.

I'm sure it would, given its power output, perhaps Steve should pilot it down the 1/4.

How bout this?  I did this about 4 years ago to mine.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2749f0cf/bc...fmPOm8Alcu9fVom

Try this again:

The typical Yahoo link buster!

Forbidden

The requested URL '/ba/8d/users.2749f0cf/bc/Yahoo%21%20Photo%20Album/' is a directory, and directory accessing is disabled on this server.

I would like to see it though!

Guest Paul87Quest

The hood scoop I got from a place here in SoCal......from what I remember it was called "AIR". They sold body kits and aero for Porches. The scoop is for a Porsche 924GTS. About 10 years ago it cost about $125....was good quality. I remember the look of my neighbor when he saw me putting the cutting wheel to my perfect hood...it was priceless!

Here is the link:

http://americaninternationalracing.com/

They still sell the scoop.

:D

Thanks!

I see that on your signature you put in a pic of your ride.  I've seen 1 picture of the fog light modification you've done.  I would like to replace the foglight w/ circle w/ black behind.  I've pulled it out, but can't pull the class off (yes I did pull off the clips).

Geoff

Morphing89TSI

• 1 month later...