BMW M3 Style Sideview Mirrors

Duuuuude. You guys are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo rice:)

I know, I know, to each his own.... I just came from a street racing background, where *anyone* who worried about what mirrors looked like before having a pocketful of 9-sec timeslips hidden in a pocket was a dork. So I still feel the same way:)

[glow=red,2,300]Dude. I'm more interested in a 9 sec, 10 sec, 11 sec, or even a 12 sec car, but I was just making conversation.

I don't think I would put German detailing on my Quest. I like the stock look and I think the only modifications should be performance mods. But someone has to ask a few stupid questions.

B.S.ing is ok. I wish less C/S owners made their cars rice burners, but it's just fascinating to see what crazy stuff people do to their cars.

I really hate the color accents on the rims and the color seats, but to each their own.

Later,

Blue[/glow]

;D boy blue, it doesn't take much to piss you off!!!  ;D

i don't think that  Joey T understood your post, but your right about seeing what

other people do with there cars...

;D boy blue, it doesn't take much to piss you off!!!  ;D

i don't think that  Joey T understood your post, but your right about seeing what

other people do with there cars...

[glow=red,2,300]

To each their own.

It's fun to see a sweet "hooked-up" ride. Of course there's disasters along the way.

I hate it when a young 17 or 18 year old picks up a Conquest or Starion, beats the crap outta it, blow the engine, paints accents on the mint stock interior, puts ashes all over the f-ing place.

There are a few "mint" Conquests-Starions out there. We should do our best to preserve the C/S look without distroying it beyond repair or recognition. M3 mirrors can easily be swapped back to stock.

We can't ignore our import heritage. It's cool to put a Chevy or Ford big block in the Quest, but once the Import 2.6 is out, it seises to be a "true" Quest. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't have fun though.

If you like to experiment "koodus" and have fun. It's a great car and we are lucky enough to live in a free world where we can express ourselves however we want.

I'm just saying "some" of us have to preserve or conserve or whatever the rich history of the remaining Conquets out there and not turn them into a "joke." It's been difficult enough proving ourselves over the years, but I think we have. People always tell me how quick the car is.

How many 4L are capable of an easy 300+ horsepower with few modifications. Plus, they'll never build another StarQuest. Looks, Brains, Speed. The Conquest is the Ultimate ride.

Sorry if I carried on. I'm passionate about my ride.[/glow]

P.S. We are not Geeks.

i couldn't put it much better blue,

i'm one totally against putting a V-8 on the car in the first place...

you have more fun modifying the 4cyl, turbothan changing the engine...

every one has thier own taste in doing what they want, some people has the misconception in the info we provide to them... in the next 2 years i will be looking to buy another quest, & rebuild it to it's original look (completely stock)... just imagine about 20 years from now i will be an old fart on ESPN of old imports and my original quest will be the show case, kool!

[shadow=lightgreen,left,300]

You know what guys...

I played this game in high school, and I didn't win any social medals there either!

I'm going to do whatever changes or mods to my Conquest as I choose to.

I live my life for me, not because some mouthy guy has an a** load of opinions.  You have to come up with more crap than that to get me to second  guess myself.  I know exactly who I am and what I want.  If I want to put an LT-1 Corvette engine in my Conquest next year, then put M3 mirrors on it, and what ever else comes along the way...wing, race style rims, hood scoop,...  then so be it!  I want my car to look and run like a Porsche, not a Japanese Trans Am.  If another guy wants to preserve history, GREAT!  

Good for him, and I respect his choice.

I'm not choosing to change or modify my car just to ruin someone else's life, but to simply live my life by MY terms.  Look around these forums;  better then 90% of these threads are on how to make these cars modified in one way or another.

BTW, Joey T, - I see you as a potential sore spot for this web site.  You have posted aggressive and abrasive posts not only here, but other threads too.  I was especially embarrassed [for you] with your new thread on the GP Board.  Talking about the guys who say "they're in", then bail out of GPs.  

Let's Black List 'em uhh?  

And you're calling us dorks?! 

UPDATE:  apparently not a big hit with the moderators either -

your thread vanished today!

Try posting to people as if you were talking to them face to face.  I can guarantee you wouldn't call me a dork in person.

If I ran into any one of the people on this web site in real life, I would be really glad to meet you and I would be respectful... even if I didn't like their choices in mods.

Someone wants to hash it out with me, then use the private message system and spare the rest of the good people any immature and unnecessary temper-tantrums.   :'(

No apologies here.  

I'm not mad, just very direct.

How many of us would spend our time here, if all people did was pass judgement on each other's ideas.  It's no wonder Blue is defensive.  So am I.  If you wanted to pull a camper or plow a field with your StarQuest, then good luck to you.  

If that makes you happy, then I'm happy for you!

A very proud owner of a Conquest TSi.

Just bought a second Conquest.

A very proud member of this StarQuest Club.

[move]Jonny ;)uest [/shadow]  [/move]

RIGHT ON.

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR QUEST OR STAR. IT'S FREE COUNTRY...THANK GOD...I CAN SAY THAT RIGHT?

DEFENSIVE? WHO ME.

I LOVE ALL STARQUESTS.

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS. PEACE.

BLUE

P.S. WHERE CAN I GET M3 MIRRORS? HOW MUCH.

FRANK

;D

I really like the posts of johnny and blue on this thread. To each there own. I have a luxury of haveing two starquests ;D One I want to be original with mods to the original drive train. The other one I wanted to make it a experiment if you will. I have a thing for v8's big deal. I did make a post about the possibility of a starquest clip on a d-50 The reason is a have my clip from my 85 quest its to good to send to the junk yard but its not good enough to put on a good car. I though I'd put it to some use.

As for some smart a** comments by some people please keep them at a minimun. We are happy to have a place to talk to others with the same interests and get info on making our cars better. When I have trouble with my car it's nice to have some of the great resorses we have here. ( that's the experts that are hare) I would hate to have them stop checking out this site because of a few bad apples.

later TOM

[glow=blue,2,300]However, some of us who really are into the Starions and Conquests should come up with ways to Preserve or Conserve or Restore or Whatever the cars so that they are actually worth something when they reach 20-25 years old. It'll help everyone in the community.

Having two cars is a great idea.

No. 1 - A real enthusist has possension of the car (that is rare).

No. 2 - Although you are "messing" (experimenting) with one, the other is still stock.

You guys have the right idea.

I'm impressed by all the modifications done here so far. Just when some of the interior/exterios mods go far beyond the C/S original intention it's a little scarey.

I've been battling whether to replace my damaged seat with Pleather (Vinyl - don't laugh - you wouldn't be able to tell) or the actual leather (very similar to original black 89 seats). I would like a new muffler. Part of me says go for it, the other part says make sure it looks original.

I like the "tricked" out ricer look as a "night" or "weekend" look, but for a daily driver to pick up groceries and go to workl or the park, the stock is mean, aggressive, and gets enough looks as it is.

Which leads me to a post I posted in the B.S. forum which is: Is the C/S a muscle car or a Ricer? Either way I love this car and it just doesn't seem to fit into any categories. Society already (over) does this, so why should we? At least I fit in here (with you guys) (I hope)!

I hope when the C/S reaches 200,000 miles and well beyond, these cars look as good as when we first got 'em for me it was with 59k back in '94.

These cars are not made for sitting in someone's drive way or graage looking pretty. They have miles, lots of 'em, and they still look / run great. I love mine and I'm sure you guys love yours.

To each his own.

Peace,

Blue [/glow]

;D

I've been looking for these for sooo long! They WILL be on my quest in the near future ;D

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/images/cescfa.jpg

i don't even want to hear a thing about these being "rice" because these are are what is run on nearly every GT2, GT1 car. These are a true racing mirror  :D

i'm not posting to say how ugly they look on hondas and everything else they are slapped on... or how ugly they look by themselves ( ;) )  but i would just like to comment this... wouldn't you LOOSE functionality?  i know you'd loose the defrost, but are they even power?

tux

i'm not posting to say how ugly they look on hondas and everything else they are slapped on... or how ugly they look by themselves ( ;) )  but i would just like to comment this... wouldn't you LOOSE functionality?  i know you'd loose the defrost, but are they even power?

tux

No, they're not powered, and they definitely don't have defrost. Then again I don't think any starquest does... How often are you setting the position of your mirrors though??? I set them once and don't move them unless I bump one while washing.

As for functionality, they're not much smaller than our stock mirrors except for the height, and notice how the glass is curved? That alone will greatly increase your view. The main thing I was looking for is some originality. Should look sweet  8)

I've been looking for these for sooo long! They WILL be on my quest in the near future ;D

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/images/cescfa.jpg

i don't even want to hear a thing about these being "rice" because these are are what is run on nearly every GT2, GT1 car. These are a true racing mirror  :D

Not to burst your bubble but this is an BMW M3 Style Mirror:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/machv_1684_15262801

Price is for TWO mirrors, left and right.

Manual adjustment

$199.00

Electric adjustment

$299.00

Not to burst your bubble but this is an BMW M3 Style Mirror:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/machv_1684_15262801

Price is for TWO mirrors, left and right.

Manual adjustment

$199.00

Electric adjustment

$299.00

I didn't say those were M3 style mirrors, just offering another way to go. Too many people have teh M3 mirrors now. Everytime I see some different mirrors that's what they are. THey're nice, but when you see them on nearly every honda and VW it doesn't make me want them anymore.