hooking up fuel line for pump upgrade Bosch 044?

bruno_TSI

I have ordered a bosch 044.... I had to cut the original line close to the banjo nut side.. is it cool to use a barbed end on the Bosch and hook up to the oem fuel hose with two worm style clamps?.. or should I go with racing fittings?.. or get a new hose made with the correct banjo fitting, does anyone make an aftermarket replacement?..I have a stock FPR.. thanks

Edited by bruno_TSI

I think most of us have cut the oem rubber hose off the stock hardline and used that with 2 clamps, then either put a threaded fitting on the pump end or just hose clamp on a barb. What you are talking about is fine. I would recommend getting rid of all the stock rubber line while you are there. Just for peace of mind. 

You can take a dremel and cut the outside of the metal jacket where the line turns into a hard line. 2 cuts the long way 180° apart. Then bend back that jacket. Carefully cut if off and you are left with basically a barb style fitting to slide a new hose on. There used to be a write up around on doing that ... not sure if it's still here.