87 Conquest TSI, white in PA

bld127

I have decided to get out of the Conquest game.  Wife says my 3 cars need to disappear before my new project comes home.

1987 Conquest TSI, white with maroon leather interior.

122k, 5 speed

The good:  Car has 1G BOV, 1G MAS, 88 igniter box, 88 computer,  88 flywheel and clutch, 88/89 1 piece spoiler, boost has been turned up to 10 psi, crank vent kit, short shifter, and a full 3" exhaust with Dynamax muffler.  The car runs and drives fine but has not been inspected since 8/2013.  I broke the hood cable, the battery died, so the car got parked for a while.  I finally got the hood open, the battery charged, but have only driven the car around the block since.  I have recently replaced the hood cable, changed the oil, and replaced the fuel pump.   The interior is fairly clean and it doe have factory front floor mats.  I put covers over the front seats because they got quite warm in the summer.

The bad:  The car will not pass inspection as it sits.  At a minimum, the car will need body work and tires.  It has a hole in the passenger side rocker panel, holes in bottom of front fenders, and the rear wheel wells are starting to go through again.  My friend had done the rear quarters before I got the car.  The frame rails may need new covers.  The oil pressure gauge really has not worked since I owed the car.  I have put at least 3 or 4 gauges in and still have not gotten it to work correctly.  Not sure what else it will need.  I would recommend going over the car fully.   The car does smoke a little at full boost.  The engine could use a refresh but not absolutely necessary.  I do have some patch panels that will go with the car.

I have owned the car since 8/2008 and put almost 10k miles on it.  A good friend owned it before that so we probably have about 20 years of history with it.  Over the last 13 years I have replaced many parts.  I will try to make a list of them when i have time.   I will also try to get pictures posted as soon as I figure out how to do that.

I am asking $xxxx or best reasonable offer for the car.  I have been collecting parts for over 20 years and may have some other stuff that I can include with the car.  Car needs to go.  Please PM me for pictures or contact info.  I will be posting info on the other 2 cars I am selling.  Cars are in Williamsport PA.

Thanks,

Brett

Edited by bld127
Sold, removed price

Here are a few photos of it that I took on Saturday.   

full

full

full

full

full

BTW, I was the former owner of this car.  I resurrected this car back in 2000 and drove it practically as a daily driver (minus winters) until Brett got it in 2008.  The engine has never been fully torn down.   In fact, I believe it to be still the original head (I installed the jet valve elimination kit in it years ago).   Has a 240mm flywheel and 88/89 stock pressure plate/disc and the other items that Brett mentioned (KDM 3" exhaust, 1g BOV, 1g MASS, etc).   I'm probably forgetting a lot of other things that I did to it when it was in my possession.   As seen by the photos, It is a very straight car and has never been hit at all.   All of the body panels are original with exception of the front spoiler.   It is original paint minus the small touch-ups I did on the rear quarters.    I remember spending many hours carefully removing the clear rock guards on the quarters without harming the paint.   Interior is all original except an aftermarket leather shift boot.     

Anyone is welcome to ask me any questions as well.  Its worth more than what Brett is asking! 

Wow, how I wish you just waited a little longer to post this!

I'd love to buy it, but currently I only have space for one Starquest. Next year (spring) I'm buying a house where I could have more.....oh the timing never works out :(

Looks good though, I'm sure someone will take it.

If for some reason March rolls around and you still have it.....message me ;)

Edited by varzaman

• 10 months later...