Anyway to run E85?

Subitsu

I've been searching forums can't find anything on anyone running E85. If there is anyone, what injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure do you use? And anything else is needed?

Sorry I thought I put this in Advanced...

Edited by Subitsu

I do, you need an aftermarket tuning device, no way to do it on the stock ECU without help. I also run a flex fuel sensor so I can run E85, E10 or anything in between. Last time I checked I had E23 in my flatty. Fuel pressure is 38 psi at idle.

Stock tank on both cars, the mpi car is stock fuel system up to the engine bay using a magn intake and FPR. The throttle body car has aftermarket alcohol compatible fuel pump and FPR and I changed all the flex lines to fabric braided alcohol compatible lines with A/N fittings.

Ok good to know. When you say tuning device do you mean piggy back ecu? Or a programmer if they make them for our cars.

Has anyone tried to use a Cobbtuning accessport or have something similar?

Edited by Subitsu

Ok good to know. When you say tuning device do you mean piggy back ecu? Or a programmer if they make them for our cars.

Has anyone tried to use a Cobbtuning accessport or have something similar?

scott's the man to see about your ecu. check his sig line.

These cars can be tuned to some degree with air flow correction tuning. This is what a safc, safc2 and neo afc do. a maft does the same, but uses's a gm air flow meter and then converts the signal to a karmen signal which is what the mitsu air flow meters output. These units are know as piggy back tuning systems.