No starter, no spark, no fuel.

nextgenquest

my 89 quest starter does nothing with the key but does turn with a remote starter switch. The coil is not sparking the the injectors have no fuel but pump primes when turning the key. Any ideas as to what could be the issue?

Been working on this car for three years. (Mainly due to family life)

I have a FRM and I'm trying to narrow down the issue(s)

Any input would be appreciated.

Check your remote start wiring. I saw some Starions with remote start wired with fail safe switch to the parking brake.

Parking brake has to be down or up to start, depends on the instillation.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

What I mean by remote starter switch is actually a tool that allows you to turn over the engine without allowing spark or fuel with the key in the off position. When I take that tool off and use the key to start the car the starter does nothing. No clicks nada. No fuel at the injectors. Ics does buzz and pump primes.

You said above that you replaced the fusible links. But did you also REMOVE and clean the internal male metal terminal contacts inside of fusible link box 2?

It could also be that your Lady's ignition switch has given up the ghost and gone to Starquest heaven.

You can get a Standard Motor Products ignition switch from Rock Auto. I've been using one of these for about 6 years with no problems.

For What It's Worth

KEN