keyless entry anyone

JohnnyWadd

In 1999 I installed an autopage unit in my 1993 mustang. I think it came from JC Whitney. Ordered actuators for the door locks but didn't do power windows ( car was a base model). I installed myself in my apartment parking lot in a couple hours, wasn't too hard, just followed directions that came with the stuff. This was before youtube tutorials.

In 2008 I was better off financially and took my newly acquired Conquest to the local sound shop and paid them about $300 to do the same thing.

Edited by nomad

In 1999 I installed an autopage unit in my 1993 mustang. I think it came from JC Whitney. Ordered actuators for the door locks but didn't do power windows ( car was a base model). I installed myself in my apartment parking lot in a couple hours, wasn't too hard, just followed directions that came with the stuff. This was before youtube tutorials.

In 2008 I was better off financially and took my newly acquired Conquest to the local sound shop and paid them about $300 to do the same thing.

Thats cool. I just want a reliable system. Best Buy installs them here. I have seen their stereo installs and I will not let them touch my car.

I just got done installing remote start/lock/windows on my starion. It was a major pain in the butt, and took me days to complete.

Door locks are easy, windows a little big more difficult, and remote start is a lot of stuff, if you have a manual transmission and or diesel. I used a setup from black widow, they have a unit that works with manual transmissions, and I found it on online fairly cheap. There is another company that seems to be much more popular with the install guys, I think they like DEI products.

Things like range, automatic/manual transmission, gas/diesel extra outputs, are factors that may be important when choosing the right device for your application.