So my motor wasn't bad...

We were lied to when we bought the car. The guy said it had a non jet valve head but guess what? It had the jet valve head. It was one of the jet valves that went bad that made it smoke to hell and back. Luckily, the new motor we bought from Harry had the eliminator kit. So put that on and now my car runs good. Still pissed that we were lied to but we should have checked.

Yeah, it's just really shady :( oh well going to give her an oil change tomorrow and some new odd and end things. Good news is I have a spare motor from someone I can trust lol. Edited by Fiji Girl 88

congrats on getting her running! at least you got her done and dont have to trailer her.

Since you have a good spare motor now. Just have someone go through it, install jet elimination kit, new timing kit, front and rear main seals, valve cover gasket and new pump. Then wrap it up with plastic and put it somewhere safe.

You'll have a good engine ready to go....you know, for that other StarQuest you're just dying to have! lol.

The motor has already been rebuilt. Just need to put the eliminator kit on the head. It's definitely a good motor. We are about to do an oil change on the motor in the car now.

i have a spare Eliminator kit if you guys need it....I dont need it

as long as thise steel shrouds are still in there, it isnt eliminated......

What it needs is

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/6f6c203bfe537dd9741d2dbff2b58585.jpg

then

10401522_688779954553286_890199992658572245_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c957411ee1dd1b4c84b6598e3751085d&oe=55C9E435&__gda__=1442407688_b1180977d661523c9a07799ca410bbc3

• 4 weeks later...

Fiji Girl 88:

Sorry you feel that way.....

I told you and your boyfriend that I was not very mechanical and that I had help from a couple different people on this forum with this car. To say I lied to you is untrue I did in fact pay for that head to be put on the car when I bought it, I was told it was a non-jet. Along with $1000's of dollars I put into this car.

I also told you both to look over the car really well. I did not pressure or rush you guys while you looked over the car. I tried to answer your questions to best of my knowledge.

I payed $3,800 for that car, I put another $4,000 or more into it......I sold it to you for $1500, with giving you a nice 12a core, and a tail-light for the foggy one....I'm sorry you feel like I took advantaged of you and lied, but I did not and i'm not shady!

Glad you got it running again anyway.

markhansenconquest:

I take it you are the guy that bought the black conquest.....come on man, I told you the Rotors and calipers had just been done but the old break pads where still on the car. When i got the rotors and calipers from nappa they sent the wrong pads. I gave you the new PADs to put on along with a downpipe, because the other one leaked. I even told you to make sure to get the Pad's done right away.

I gave you a good deal on that car too.

Sorry you both feel like i'm shady.......but for $1500 and $3,000 I'm not sure what you guys expected...Trust me I didn't make money

Yes you gave us a good deal on the car. I appreciate the deal you did give us. Never said you didn't. Also, you were told wrong then when you got the head put on. So then you told us what you thought was put on it. I'm not mad at you or anything. I was just extremely frustrated because we had spent money on a new motor, all the gas to go there and back, had to rent a trailer again all because we didn't think to double check what you told us was on the car. It's obviously a big misunderstanding. Sorry for venting on here about it. I should have just messaged you and talked it over. I have so much crap going on right now. I apologize for not contacting you and I should have worded my first post differently.

Once again, I apologize. Im a big girl and can admit when I'm wrong. I hope you accept it.