safc2 and maft

I've installed the SAFC II, I would like to set tune my car to run better.I've try searching for the write up on the tuning with SAFC II. if you can post the link it be awesome. thanks in advance

I run both. If you have any questions let me know. My maf t is not zero'd out. You use the maf t to set your wide fuel trim and then correct the small points with the safc.

You wire it in to the car like this

GM Maf ---> Maf T ---> SAFC ----> ECU.

You also need to get a Potentiometer in order for the RPM to read correctly on the safc. Got mine from radio shack for 3 dollars.

http://www.radioshack.com/10k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer/2711715.html#q=potentiometer&start=1

That is the one I used. I basically stripped the ends of the wire I used and ran it through the holes of the contacts. Then soldered them and covered with heat shrink. Then use a larger gauge heat shrink to bundle the three wires together and it makes for a clean install.

dude thanks turbo cary ill definetly be asking a few ?'s, hows the tuning, pretty much limitless?

I have had no issues with it. It is a lot better having the Safc added to the mix.

Also redo your tps isc reset. I noticed it kept saying 8-10% throttle position on the safc then i readjusted it and it went to 0-1% at idle. Dont know if my ecu was out of calibration or what.

The settings are pretty simple.

Set your air meter type to Karman (even though you use a GM maf the maf translator sends a karman signal to the ecu. The safc intercepts this and then sends its own karman signal to the ecu)

Set your throttle type to thr arrow pointing upwards. Meaning as the throttle increases voltage signal increases

Set your low throttle point to around 30% and high 60%. It means below 30% throttle your safc will correct settings within your low throttle map. And above 60% it will go off the high throttle points. The middle area is like a halfway between the low and high settings.

So if you have -4 at 2500 rpm low throttle and +4 at high throttle then if your at lets say 45% mid throttle your correction would be 0.

Each car is different so your actual settings will be different than mine but what I listed above is the stuff to get you going. The throttle type and air meter type are the same regardless

question am running s16g 15psi full 3" exhaust, stock motor with ARP head studs, planning in going with 18-24 PSI in the future. do I need to have the MAS and the MAFT to tune the car with the SAFC II? and, do you have or know what the adjustments that need to be on the car? at least as a base. for now all is zeroed out on the SAFC II. I have a wideband as well. Edited by donplayahat

You can use either a 1G eclipse maf or use a maf translator with a gm maf. I got rid of my stock maf years ago so I dont have much experience with tuning a safc and a karman sensor. Either way it should be the same but make sure you use a wideband to tune

• 2 weeks later...