New Conquest Owner

Revhead

Hi all,

I've been wanting a Conquest / Starion for a long time and finally it worked out. Not for the best one in the world, but it'll do.

I traded off my running, bruised up Integra GSR daily driver

post-27095-0-33953500-1425859305_thumb.jpg

for a non-running '86 Conquest.

post-27095-0-02383100-1425859429_thumb.jpg

I'm used to making poor decisions, so it didn't bother me that wouldn't have anything to drive and I had no clue what was wrong with the conquest.

It is an '86 with black velour / cloth interior. It needs a few things, but overall it isn't too bad. It has 79K miles on it, but sat in new mexico sun for a long time.

I put a new battery in it and it fired right up, so I was pleased, but it rattled. After some more searching I found a separated crank pulley making all the noise. It has good oil pressure and no other funky noises, so I think it is basically in good health. All the lights, locks, HVAC and other stuff works. Wipers act a little funky, but they work.

The interior was filthy and I spent 6 hours cleaning it and still need about 6 more. The console was shattered into a million pieces and the gauge pod has cracks.

So my first step is to find a good crank pulley / harmonic balancer and get it on so I can further check out the engine, then slowly replace the broken, damaged or missing interior pieces, then body work.

I read a lot of posts on here before I went to look at this car and one of the key selling points to me was the wealth of information everyone has shared here. It will make fixing this one so much easier.

Welcome aboard! peeps say that the velour was the most comfortable. I have an 86 with red velour. Its not too bad