1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Western New York

Coke

I must sell my 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R, 93,000 miles, Palermo Grey in color, with '87 style black velour interior in great condition. Car is rust free underneath, is exceptionally clean. One small pinhole in the front fender, but that's IT. It was formerly owned by UlrichWolf, a veteran member of the forum here for many years. This car has a 85-87 Technica instrument cluster conversion performed by Maxzillian and UlrichWolf to function perfectly, WITH integrated talking voice box from a Galant Lambda. Car condition is good, body is straight with no dents or anything, but the paint is showing its age. Clear is peeling on the roof and rear spoiler, and a poor respray of the front clip leaves the car needing a complete repaint to make an exceptional example. Engine has been gone through, professionally rebuilt, spun balanced, balance shafts eliminated. Runs strong and this is the first Starquest I've owned that can idle like a top, without a skip or miss. The ECI is in tip top shape. Super reliable. Runs like new. Has a competition lightweight flywheel. Rear tires are showing their age and should be replaced. Rims have beens stripped of their clearcoat years ago and were polished. Some elbow grease will have them gleaming once again. Maybe I'll polish them ahead of time. Full turbo back 2.5inch exhaust, no muffler. Sounds magnificent. Shifter boot that connects to the floor is torn up, and occasionally you get fumes in the car. Replace the boot, problem solved.

$4000 o/bo.

Located in Pembroke, NY, 30 minutes east of Buffalo, an hour west of Rochester, right off Interstate 90, exit 48A.

Pics to come.

• 1 month later...
Yes. It has a Technica instrument cluster from an 85-87 model. All gauges function as they should. UlrichWolf and Maxzillian did the conversion years ago, still going strong. Voice box was also installed by them.

• 3 months later...