89 conquest restoration

bflann

Hello all, I am restoring the conquest I have owned since '92. It's been sitting in my garage since '04 and last year I took it to a shop were I saw a starquest being restored and I got all giddy. Well I took it to him but he didn't seem to want to delve into it, so it sat for several months, so I wandered way the deal, he told me he looked into it and determined I needed a lot of work done. It would cost mucho-denaro to get it back up to snuff and he didn't have the time and me the money to do it up just right. So I started researching and found out he was right, if I wanted it faster, stronger, better than before I had to put my own time in on it. So here I am. I have had him pull the motor and TEP is building me a race prepped engine, converting the intake tbi to mpi using haltech management and getting a t3/t4 hybrid turbo, I have to upgrade radiator, suspension, etc etc etc not to mention the bodywork ahead, but hey as they say "I'm all in" and looking forward to the journey, and hopefully I will be @ the next starquest get together. Well that is it for now except I will be around looking for parts answers and a '83 scooped hood

Sounds like it's too late, but I agree with Mark. The money you would probably save having DAD build your engine (and piece of mind knowing it's done right), you would be able to buy that 83 hood you want which are getting closer to $1,000 everyday that passes. TEP did my motor, but before I was on here and saw reviews that were less than favorable. I would trust guys on here much more than TEP, especially when going MPI. Just my .02