MAF-T Extension Harness DIY

Fuze

For those who are curious, I made a MAF-T extension harness instead of buying one, it's pretty easy to do.

1. Get 4 connectors ("plugs") with enough pins and some automotive wire long enough to get it inside the car where you want it. You can get all the wire colors of the stock MAF harness, or just use one color and label the wires. I used one color. (As for connectors I bought some from Waytek that are keyed so they only go on one way, but you could cannibalize some mitsu connectors of you have them. Also try to find some that will fit through the firewall hole you are using.)

2. The extension harness will fit between the plug on the MAFT and the MAFT itself. It will look like this:

MAFT-----male plug/female plug----------extension wire------------male plug/female plug--------stock MAFT plug

3. First cut the wires on the MAFT leaving at least a few inches of wire to fit into the new male plug. Put a new male plug on the MAFT side, and a new female plug on the wires conencted to the stock MAFT plug. This will let you swap the extension in and out if you want to.

4. Now measure out your wire and matching up the positions on the 2 remaining male/female plugs (pin 1 to pin 1, etc).

5. Once you have the extension done with the connectors on, test it with a meter for continuity, plug it into the MAFT/MAFT-plug and test again. Now wrap it with tape and you're ready to fish the extension through the firewall. I ended up putting mine in the ash tray.