Innovate lc1 wideband install help.

questtuner82

do you want to run your ecu off stock sensor and just add the wideband further downstream? most do this

or you can wire in the wideband to ecu, not difficult but you will be slightly altering the harness, and have o make sure the correct narrowband sim. volt range is used

Im not exactly sure what the best way would be to run it. Im not sure which lc1 wideband i even have. All i know is it is a innovate lc1 wideband and wideband controller that states it can be used with a 4 wire o2 or use a 1 wire 02 if connected through computer

You would use the 1 wire to simulate a 0.0 - 1.0 volt signal to the stock ECU to provide O2 sensor input (or is it the 0.0-5.0V one? - been a while since MPI). There's a certain pin that you tap that into at the ECU plug. The WB will be more accurate than old narrow band stock O2 sensor since the Innovate recalibrates at a much higher rate and is digital vs. analog.

I just installed mine a few weeks ago, but don't recall exactly which color is which from memory & it's at the shop. It's labeled clearly though.

Follow the recommendations & get a GM or Bosch relay for it so it'll get a constant uninterrupted power source. While in there I'd do a second relay for accessories if you have any add ons needing keyed power like gauges, switches, XM, radar detector, coffee warmer, elec. card shuffler, etc.

Don't mean to steal thread, just got a quick question. If I weld on another bung just for the wideband 02 do I still have to tap into the computer or just plug-n-play, so to say?

If I'm reading your question correctly?...if you want the ECU to run off the WB, you'll have to tap that in, otherwise you just have a good WB gauge with data logging capability while the car runs off the stock narrow band.

Ohhh ohh I think I'm just getting confused here. Newbie, sorry. Soooo 2 questions: 1) What's the benefit of running the ECU off the WB? 2) Do I even have to weld an extra 02 bung for the WB to run either to the ECU or just by itself for, like you said, data logging capabilities?

Yes - you need to weld in the new WB bung either way. The WB sensor needs to be 3 feet or so past the turbo so the heat doesn't kill it & mess up readings, etc. It should be on the straight pipe after the primary cat, before the secondary cat if you still have those. (edit- see you have 3" exhaust)

The ECU needs an O2 sensor to know what's going on from the engine. It adjusts the fuel curve & injector timing accordingly. So a more accurate and instant feed from the WB sensor will help it out better than the old stock narrow band sensor by the turbo. If putting time & money into the WB install, might as well take advantage of it!

Edited by mstieg

Innovative has all the install manuals on there website.... Print it off and have on hand for your install.. Very easy install...I run the Lc1 w/O2 and still run a 3 wire O2 in the stock location(mostly to monitor trouble codes)

Gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87