new here im loosing it guys

cristarion

I posted a topic before saying that my car only runs for 20 sec, this is what I figured out and some of the issues,

-The fuel pump only turns on when cranking

-Too much fuel when cranking I think both injectors are working at the same time. (just ordered new ones)

-Engine starts only if I take the FPR off then it dies

-If I run 12 volt to fuel pump wire still turns off after 20 sec

-It stays on only if I apply 12 volts to fuel pump wire and if I disconnect the pipe from the turbo, it wont idle I have to keep it above 2000 rpms

CHECK FUEL REGULATOR.....IF BAD .....GAS WILL LEAK INTO BOTTOM HOSE AND INTO throttle body........rubber seal in side has a hole in it...suck on bottom hose and see if it will hold vacuum....

then post back......u just got the car!!!! don't get bummed out ....there are a lot of smart people on here that are glad to help u ... :D

Edited by markhansenconquest

I did sucked on the PSR and seems to hold vaccum, the car is an 87 starion i just got it like a moth ago, was sitting for about 2 years, was a daily driving car,the previous ownwer coundt start it one morning he said, yeah fuel shoots out everywhere thats the only way starts. i got to be really carefull i dont wanna set it on fire :blink:

im going to reset the TPS and post back how it whent

No we don't need to start a fire. I was just making sure that the fuel rail wasn't clogged up. I would make sure that it isn't clogged from where the regulator is hooked up to where the hose connects, i have seen this happen before.

Make sure the return fuel line isn't clogged either, you should be able to remove the return hose and blow into it and hear gurgling in fuel tank.

On an 87 only 1 injector is used for low rpm's, so if you see both injectors firing you have other issues.(stuck injector, possible short in wiring causing both injectors to fire)

What does "if i disconnect the pipe from turbo" mean? Between turbo and MAF?

• 3 weeks later...

so how does the fuel pump stays on after engine starts then, because soonest the engine starts I have to give live current to fuel pump from the black and yellow wire by the air filter, that's the only way the car stay running

Might be a wiring problem then. These cars don't prime the fuel pump when you turn the key to the on position like many modern cars, they only run when the engine is spinning. Sounds like you're off to a good start though since you can at least get the pump to run by jumping it. I would definitely start by checking the wiring.