fuel filter location

tsuprat

I haven't found a applicable post for this question. The service blowup shows the in tank fuel filter. I have cleared access to the top of the tank and there is also a canister there. Car has been sitting for years and will need the filter(s) replaced. Any thoughts? Thanks Edited by tsuprat

Can't tell from the blow up but based on the fuel tank picture from aknorthstar I'd say the canister shown must be the fuel pump. I've only had the view through the access panel and based on the blow up assumed the fuel pump wasn't visible through the access. Thanks again.

Thanks BuGG, great links. Pictures and manual blowup had me questioning what filters may be on the car. I'm thankful for all the responses. I'm gathering information as I get this car running Edited by tsuprat

If your doing a pump Walbro 255lph and get rid of cone make a in line filter from sender to fuel pump. You do need a filter before the pump or gunk gets in there and burns them up.

A filter before the pump is not good. The in tank strainer is all you need. Filters before the pump cause cavitation. Cavitation kills fuel pumps. If you have gunk and rust in your tank then drop the tank and clean it.