Comp Clutch 6 Puck Kit Service Limits

Mix_67

My 6 puck Comp Clutch from the group buy recently started slipping. I tore the trans out and checked the clutch. Saw a little bit of surface rust around, but otherwise the clutch and pressure plate did not look horribly overheated. Does anyone have the service limits on clutch thickness for the comp clutch? Also the springs in the center hub of the disk, have their receiving slots beat up pretty bad. Th corners are ovaled out, is this normal? Car has 5 years of auto x and drag launches on it (1000+ of autox launches at least 25 drag passes). I don't owe the clutch anything but wouldn't mind keeping it around if it is possible.

Also is noticed just the slightest amount of oul on the bottom of my rear main 2 days after i pulled the flywheel. Is it worth changing the rear main? Do you need to fully drop the oil pan to do the rear seal or just take out the back bolts? Can it be done with the engine in the car? There was no oil on the back of the flywheel so i do not feel that the rear main is tied to the clutch slip.

6 pucks are very hard on flywheels and PPs. Chances are you have a groove in both from the disk cutting into it. If you have the flywheel surfaced you can bring some life back into it. Just make sure you aren't down to the rivets on the disc.

Rear main seal can be changed easily with the flywheel off. Just undo the bolts and pry it off. Remember it bolts to the block and the oil pan. There's a gasket under the seal holder as well. Use some black RTV to seal it to the block and oil pan.