rant

jjohnson

Does anay paint and body shops even know what work is anaymore these days? So far mh choices are the coke head that will get paint on it tape it off with out stripping it down to a bare shell. Or the shop that has a processionl booth that only does insurance lite work for inflated prices.where is the pride in what ya do? Im done bringing the car to paint shops f it im painting it my self....

I feel your pain.....I've yet to find a painter that wants to do my engine bay work. If it doesn't run, they won't touch it. I'm down to specialty hot rod shops now.....and dread those estimates.

I agree finding a painter thats wants to do the job properly is impossible these days. The guys i new that did restos are all retired now and have been replaced with half assers! This is the reason why ive held my paint off for 4 years because i havent found someone i could trust to do the job that im expecting. When i tell them i want the engine bay and door sills painted they freak out and kick me out! It looks like i will get stuck doing it in the end aswell.

Edde, i am starting to think the same, i get that they are some what woried that the paint could lift in spots and that would suck for them to half to rework an area and kill their profit.the way im looking at it if it happens to me out in the garage all it will cost is time and some rework.

Hard enough finding anyone that does their job description to the fullest these days. Every c u next tuesday just does bare minimum to fill the hours between 9-5. Boils my piss as I'm eternally skint because I do extra of my customers but take longer.

I'm in the motor trade, got my own shop and tbh I won't send cars anywhere for welding anymore. Been stung so many times and vowed to do it myself so it's done right.

Paint is another matter but I only use shops that are familiar with prep and paint on classic vehicles.

Most bodyshops now make so much ripping off the insurance companies they can't be arsed to do real work.